X410 is an X Window server for Windows 10. When you want to use X Window GUI apps on remote servers, simply run X410 and connect to your server via SSH with X11 forwarding. Once connected, just launch your GUI app from the command prompt; it'll pop up and ready for you on Windows 10! X410 also works with your locally installed virtual machines and WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) as well as Docker containers. // USAGE TIPS & NOTES - While X410 is in desktop mode, you can maximize or restore the X410 window by pressing CTRL+ALT+BACKSPACE. - Running X410 on HiDPI/4K Screens http://token2shell.com/howto/x410/running-x410-on-hidpi-screens - Creating a shortcut for directly opening WSL GUI desktop http://token2shell.com/howto/x410/creating-shortcut-for-opening-wsl-xfce-gui-desktop - Sharing Windows fonts with WSL http://token2shell.com/howto/x410/sharing-windows-fonts-with-wsl - Opening a genuine Linux terminal emulator (WSL) directly from Windows File Explorer http://token2shell.com/howto/x410/opening-linux-terminal-directly-from-file-explorer - WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) doesn't officially support X Window GUI apps. Hence you may see far more warning messages or unable to run some X Window GUI apps from WSL.
What's new in this version
- Now supports public access mode that can be used for directly connecting to X410 from local virtual machines or trusted remote computers (v2.5.0) - Window stacking problems in Windowed Apps mode have been fixed (v2.5.0) - X410 no longer applies a HiDPI scale factor from the primary monitor; X410 now applies a normal DPI and automatically scales the output according to the HiDPI setting of the current monitor. If you're using multiple monitors with different DPI's, the new behavior should provide more visual consistency and better usage experience. ***** X410 is now 2.0! - X410 now consumes less memory. The new memory management scheme and usage in X410 should provide more flexibility in seamlessly integrating Linux GUI apps with Windows native apps as the overhead for always running X410 is becoming negligible; it certainly now consumes less memory than your Web browser! - Improved graphic rendering performance. X-Window GUI apps should now be more responsive while using less CPU cycles. - Direct3D is now used for Desktop mode - Improved HiDPI and clipboard support - In Windowed Apps mode, X410 now properly recognizes full screen mode (F11), minimize and maximize button events. Other enhancements and fixes have been added to make X-Window apps run more seamlessly in Windows 10. For more detailed information, please visit: https://token2shell.com/news/x410
- Desktop mode; you can have a full X Window desktop experience
- Windowed app mode; you can use X Window GUI apps and Windows apps side by side
- Securely managed and automatically updated via Microsoft Store
- Only allows loopback network connections to enhance security
- Utilizes X.Org open-source project but has no dependencies on Cygwin libraries
- No support for legacy Windows; we'll be focusing on improving and optimizing X410 only for Windows 10 and beyond!
Published byChoung Networks
Copyright© 2018-2019 Choung Networks
Approximate size69.33 MB
InstallationGet this app while signed in to your Microsoft account and install on up to ten Windows 10 devices.
Language supportedEnglish (United States)