Microsoft Research provides a continuously refreshed collection of free datasets, tools and resources designed to advance the state of the art of academic research in many areas of computer science, such as natural language processing and computer vision. To access these datasets, go to http://microsoftopendata.com
Congratulations to the Winners of the Cloud AI Research Challenge!
Submissions were received from around the world, and the judging panel selected the projects that best show how Microsoft AI services are used to solve a difficult problem and provide insightful solutions. Congratulations to the winners, and thanks to all who submitted a project for the Cloud AI Research Challenge!
>>Click here to view the winners.
NSF Big Data Regional Innovation Hub Program
Microsoft Research is proud to support the US-wide National Science Foundation’s (NSF) Big Data Regional Innovation Hubs (BD Hubs) program by awarding $3M in Microsoft Azure cloud computing credits.
NSF supports four regional hubs for data science innovation, called the BD Hubs, throughout the United States. The consortia are coordinated by top data scientists at multitude of top universities around the country.
- To learn more and apply please email the big data hub covering your region Northeast, South, Midwest, West
Spend more time doing computer science and less time on looking for datasets and computational cycles to push the state of the art:
- Try our latest training labs on how to use Azure for Data Science
Members of the Data science team were recently at these events:
- Microsoft Azure Training | Midwest Big Data Hub All Hands
5 Oct 2017, Omaha, Nebraska
- KDD Tutorial: Cloud based data mining tools for storage, distributed processing, and machine learning systems for scientific data
17 August 2017, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
- Microsoft Azure Training | South Big Data Hub All Hands
7-8 June 2017, Washington DC
- Transportation Data Challenge
2-3 May 2017, Seattle, WA
- Azure for Research Data Science Training at CUSP-NYU
11 April 2017, Brooklyn, NY
- NSF BigData 2017 Joint PI meeting
15-17 March 2017, Washington DC
- ICDM 2016 CLOUDMINE Workshop
12-15 December 2016, Barcelona, Spain
- Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS)
5-10 December 2016, Barcelona, Spain
13-17 August 2016, San Francisco, CA
- Intl Conference on Machine Learning
19-24 June 2016, New York City, NY
- Intl Conf on Big Data Management and Analytics
25-26 April 2016, Calgary, Canada
11-14 April 2016, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
We have moved all research datasets that were previously on this page to Microsoft Open Data Repository. Please access the datasets from the new location.
Hands-on labs based on research datasets
News & Blog
Passing Notebooks in Class: West Big Data Innovation Hub’s UC Berkeley and UW partner with Microsoft on shared data science infrastructure
The Alan Turing Institute’s data science research to be boosted with $5M of Microsoft cloud computing credits