Are you a recent college graduate looking to increase your expertise in machine learning or computational biology research before pursuing a Ph.D.? Do you consider yourself a self-starter who is motivated to expand your knowledge and experience in python and machine learning? If so, you may be the person we’re looking for to fill our contract research assistant position.
Microsoft Research New England’s Biomedical ML Group researchers’ interests include ML techniques in healthcare, including cancer biology, precision medicine, neurodegenerative disease, and medical imaging; generative models of molecules, proteins, and chemical reactions; computational immunology; and statistical genetics.
The successful candidate will have the following required skills:
- Demonstrated proficiency in Python programming—in particular, scientific computing using tools such as numpy/scipy/scikit-learn/pandas
- Basic expertise in machine learning, such as would be acquired through undergraduate courses
- Demonstrated ability to structure and motivate your learning and workload under the mentorship of a diverse group of researchers and data scientists
- Experience working with data
Additional preferred skills (desired but not required) include at least some of:
- Basic expertise in biology or bioinformatics, such as would be acquired through undergraduate courses
- Experience working with large datasets
The successful candidate will work under the supervision of Nicolo Fusi, Lorin Crawford, Kristen Severson, Ava Soleimany, and Kevin Yang, located in our New England lab in Cambridge, MA.
Please send the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A research statement (fewer than 500 words) that includes:
- A description of your past research experiences and future research interests
- The names of two or three references, their contact information, and their relationship to you. At least one reference must be someone who has supervised your work.
- A current CV or resume.
By submitting your application materials to email@example.com you agree to the Microsoft Data Privacy Notice.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
We are not able to offer employment-based visa sponsorship for this position.