Books and Conference Tutorials
- Chi Wang, Jiawei Han, “Mining Latent Entity Structures“. (Synthesis Lectures on Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery), Morgan & Claypool Pub., March 2015.
- Jiawei Han and Chi Wang, “Mining Latent Entity Structures from Massive Unstructured and Interconnected Data“, in SIGMOD 2014. [slides]
- Jiawei Han, Chi Wang, Ahmed El-Kishky, “Bringing Structure to Text: Mining Phrases, Entity Concepts, Topics, and Hierarchies“, in KDD 2014. [slides]
Topic and Phrase Mining
- Chi Wang, Xueqing Liu, Yanglei Song, Jiawei Han, “Towards Interactive Construction of Topical Hierarchy: A Recursive Tensor Decomposition Approach“, in KDD 2015.
- Chi Wang, Jialu Liu, Nihit Desai, Marina Danilevsky, and Jiawei Han, “Constructing Topical Hierarchies in Heterogeneous Information Networks“, Knowledge and Information Systems, Volume 44(3), pp. 529–558, 2015.
- Ahmed El-Kishky, Yanglei Song, Chi Wang, Clare R. Voss, Jiawei Han, “Scalable Topical Phrase Mining from Text Corpora“, in VLDB 2015.
- Jialu Liu, Jingbo Shang, Chi Wang, Xiang Ren, Jiawei Han, “Mining Quality Phrases from Massive Text Corpora“, in SIGMOD 2015. (Grand Prize in Yelp Dataset Challenge: Round Four Winner)
- Chi Wang, Xueqing Liu, Yanglei Song, and Jiawei Han, “Scalable Moment-Based Inference for Latent Dirichlet Allocation“, in ECMLPKDD 2014.
- Chi Wang, Marina Danilevsky, Nihit Desai, Yinan Zhang, Phuong Nguyen, Thrivikrama Taula, and Jiawei Han, “A Phrase Mining Framework for Recursive Construction of a Topical Hierarchy“, in KDD 2013.
Community, Role and Relationship Discovery
- Chi Wang, Jiawei Han, “Role Discovery“, Encyclopedia of Social Network Analysis and Mining (ESNAM), pp 1589-1598. Springer New York, 2014.
- Rui Li, Chi Wang, Kevin Chang, “User Profiling in Ego Network: An Attribute and Relationship Type Co-profiling Approach“, in WWW 2014.
- Jialu Liu, Chi Wang, Marina Danilevsky and Jiawei Han, “Large-Scale Spectral Clustering on Graphs“, in IJCAI 2013.
- Chi Wang, Jiawei Han, Qi Li, Xiang Li, Wen-Pin Lin, and Heng Ji, “Learning Hierarchical Relationships among Partially Ordered Objects with Heterogeneous Attributes and Links“, in SDM 2012.
- Chi Wang, Jiawei Han, Yuntao Jia, Jie Tang, Duo Zhang, Yintao Yu and Jingyi Guo, “Mining Advisor-advisee Relationship from Research Publication Networks“, in KDD 2010.
- Jing Gao, Feng Liang, Wei Fan, Chi Wang, Yizhou Sun and Jiawei Han, “Community Outliers and their Efficient Detection in Information Networks“, in KDD 2010.
Data Integration, Cleaning and Filtering
- Chi Wang, Kaushik Chakrabarti, Yeye He, Kris Ganjam, Zhimin Chen, Philip A. Bernstein, “Concept Expansion Using Web Tables“, in WWW 2015.
- Yang Li, Chi Wang, Fangqiu Han, Jiawei Han, Dan Roth, and Xifeng Yan, “Mining Evidences for Named Entity Disambiguation“, in KDD 2013.
- Jialu Liu, Chi Wang, Jeffery Yufei Liu, Kin Hou Lei and Jiawei Han, “Ranking-Based Name Matching for Author Disambiguation in Bibliographic Data“, in KDD Cup 2013 (Runner-up).
- Chi Wang, Kaushik Chakrabarti, Tao Cheng, Surajit Chaudhuri, “Targeted Disambiguation of Ad-hoc, Homogeneous Sets of Named Entities“, in WWW 2012.
- Chi Wang, Rajat Raina, David Fong, Ding Zhou, Jiawei Han, Greg Bardros, “Learning Relevance from a Heterogeneous Social Network and Its Application in Online Targeting“, in SIGIR 2011.
Social Influence Analysis
- Chi Wang, Wei Chen, Yajun Wang, “Scalable Influence Maximization for Independent Cascade Model in Large-Scale Social Networks“, in Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery: Volume 25, Issue 3 (2012), Page 545-576. [errata]
- Chi Wang, Jie Tang, Jimeng Sun and Jiawei Han, “Dynamic Social Influence Analysis through Time-dependent Factor Graphs“, in Proc. 2011 International Conference on Advances in Social Networks Analysis and Mining (ASONAM’11).
- Wei Chen, Chi Wang and Yajun Wang, “Scalable Influence Maximization for Prevalent Viral Marketing in Large-Scale Social Networks“, in KDD 2010.
- Jie Tang, Jimeng Sun, Chi Wang and Zi Yang, “Social Influence Analysis in Large-scale Networks“, in KDD 2009.