I’m a Principal Scientist in the AI for Earth program.
My current work focuses on AI for conservation and sustainability, e.g. accelerating biodiversity surveys with ML.
In my previous Microsoft life, my work included:
- Sensors and machine learning for health and fitness
- Computer support for music and creativity
- Sensors and machine learning for input systems
- Making medical records more intuitive to patients
Before coming to Microsoft, my research focused on:
- Haptics and physical simulation for medical applications
- Neural prosthetics and brain-computer interfaces
I was part of the team that made Songsmith, which lets musical novices get a taste of songwriting, just by singing, and provides songwriters with an “intelligent scratchpad”. It’s totally sweet. Try it.
For MSFT folks: I maintain a page of interesting objects and places on campus.