- Identifying Dissatisfaction Segments In Connection With Improving Search Engine Performance, US Patent Pending. Filed by Microsoft.
- Prediction Model Refinement for Information Retrieval Systems, US Patent Pending. Filed by Microsoft.
- Relevance Estimation using a Search Satisfaction Metric, US Patent Pending. Filed by Microsoft.
- System and Method of Geo-Based Prediction in Search Result Selection , US Patent No. 8352466 . Filed by Yahoo!.
- Method and System for Access of Multilingual Textual Resources using Conceptual Representation Matching , US Patent No. 8204736. Filed by IBM.
I lead a team of scientists/engineers in Microsoft Research Technologies; a new R&D organization created to focus on large-scale company technology initiatives. My work is focused on creating new technologies and experiences with end-to-end integration with current and future products in the areas of intelligence assistance, search and productivity improvement. My research interests are at the intersection of Machine Learning, Text Mining and Information Retrieval. A key part of my work involves using Machine Learning to model large scale text data and user behavior data with applications to user modeling, quality evaluation, ranking, recommendation, personalization and intelligent task completion assistance. I received my Ph.D. from the department of Computer Science and Engineering from the University of Michigan Ann Arbor.
Detecting Subgroups in Online Discussions by Modeling Positive and Negative Relations among ParticipantsAhmed Hassan Awadallah, Amjad Abu-Jbara, in Proceedings of the 2012 Joint Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing and Computational Natural Language Learning, July 12, 2012,
- The ACL 2012 workshop on Graph-based Methods for Natural Language Processing (TexGraphs-7).
- The annual meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL).
- The conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP).
- The international conference on Computational Linguistics (COLING).
- ACL Demo Session.
- The intenational World Wide Web Conference (WWW).
- Transactions of the Association for Computational Linguistics (TACL).
- The IEEE International Conference on Big Data.
- ACM Transactions on Information Systems (TOIS).
- ACM’s Transactions on Internet Technology (TOIT).
- IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering.
- IEEE Intelligent Systems.
- Information Processing and Management.
- Journal of Natural Language Engineering.