- Identifying Dissatisfaction Segments In Connection With Improving Search Engine Performance, US Patent Pending. Filed by Microsoft.
- Prediction Model Refinement for Information Retrieval Systems, US Patent Pending. Filed by Microsoft.
- Relevance Estimation using a Search Satisfaction Metric, US Patent Pending. Filed by Microsoft.
- System and Method of Geo-Based Prediction in Search Result Selection , US Patent No. 8352466 . Filed by Yahoo!.
- Method and System for Access of Multilingual Textual Resources using Conceptual Representation Matching , US Patent No. 8204736. Filed by IBM.
I am passionate about using AI and Machine Learning to create intelligent user experiences that connect people to information. I lead an applied research, rapid prototyping and incubation team in Microsoft Research Technologies. Our work at the Language and Information Technologies team is focused on creating language understanding and user modeling technologies to enable intelligent experiences in multiple products. Our work has been shipped in several products such as Bing, Cortana, Office 365, and Dynamics 365. I have hands-on experience building and shipping state-of-the-art ML/AI algorithms. I also have experience building and managing world-class teams of scientists and engineers.
My research interests are at the intersection of machine learning, language understanding, and information retrieval. A key part of my work involves using Machine Learning to model large-scale text and user behavior data with applications to intelligent assistants, search, user modeling, quality evaluation, recommendation and personalization. I received my Ph.D. from the department of Computer Science and Engineering at the University of Michigan Ann Arbor. I Invented, published, and patented new approaches in language understanding, information retrieval and machine learning. I published 60+ peer-reviewed papers in these areas and I am an inventor on 20+ (granted and pending) patents.
- The ACL 2012 workshop on Graph-based Methods for Natural Language Processing (TexGraphs-7).
- The annual meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL).
- The conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP).
- The international conference on Computational Linguistics (COLING).
- ACL Demo Session.
- The intenational World Wide Web Conference (WWW).
- Transactions of the Association for Computational Linguistics (TACL).
- The IEEE International Conference on Big Data.
- ACM Transactions on Information Systems (TOIS).
- ACM’s Transactions on Internet Technology (TOIT).
- IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering.
- IEEE Intelligent Systems.
- Information Processing and Management.
- Journal of Natural Language Engineering.