I am a senior researcher in MSR Redmond. My focus is on designing large-scale optimization solutions for cloud systems and applications.
- Optimization services for cloud business apps (e.g., Dynamics’365)
- Resource management for cloud systems (cluster scheduling, DaaS, WANs)
Additional areas of interest:
- Reinforcement learning – algorithm design and applications.
- Cloud and network economics (see this monograph for a summary) .
I’ve had the privilege to work with excellent students*:
Virajith jalaparti (UIUC), Mikhail Rybalkin (Steklov Mathematical Institute, St. Petersburg), Jonathan Yaniv (Technion), Spandana Raj B (undergrad, IIT Madras), Andrew Newell (Purdue), Ivan Bliznets (Steklov Mathematical Institute, St. Petersburg), Sangeetha Abdu Jyothi (UIUC), Zilong Tan (Duke), Lalith Suresh (TU-Berlin), Konstantina Mellou (MIT), Angela Jiang (CMU), Hongzi Mao (MIT), Luke Marshall (GTECH)
* I am always looking for interns who like working in the intersection of algorithms, operations research and computer systems. Feel free to contact me for more details.