- Several short specializations in the area of eLearning in France (ENIC, ENSEA) and Italy (Bologna University) (1995-1996).
- PhD in Computer Science, 1990, Technical University of Sofia, Bulgaria.
- Master’s Degree in Electronics, 1984, Technical University of Sofia, Bulgaria.
- Microsoft Corporation, Redmond, USA: various positions in COM+ and Application Center teams, 1998-2001. Joined Microsoft Research in 2001.
- Technical University of Sofia, Bulgaria: Assistant Professor, 1989-1998, Faculty of Electronic Engineering and Technology (lectures and labs for “Data and Signal Processing” and “Real time systems programming”)
- Technical University of Sofia, Bulgaria: Researcher, 1986-1989, Research and Development Department
- Technical University of Sofia, Bulgaria: R&D engineer, 1984-1986, Research and Development Department
- Multichannel audio signals processing
- Algorithms for arrays of transducers (microphones, speakers, antennas)
- Processing of signals for enhancement, de-noising, de-reverberation, etc.
- Statistical processing of audio, biological, radio signals
- IEEE Fellow, since 2021.
- Chair of IEEE Signal Processing Society Industry Technical Working Group since 2020.
- Member of of IEEE Signal Processing Society Technical Committee on Applied Signal Processing Systems (ASPS) since 2020.
- Honorary Professor of the Technical University of Sofia, Bulgaria, since 2019.
- Affiliated Professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering in University of Washington, Seattle, since 2012.
- Member and vice chair of IEEE Signal Processing Society Standing Committee on Industrial Digital Signal Processing (IDSP), 2012-2019.
- Member and affiliated member of IEEE Signal Processing Society Technical Committee on Audio and Acoustic Signal Processing (AASP) 2009-2016.
- Reviewer for most of the signal and audio processing journals.
- Member of the TC of International Workshop on Acoustics, Echo and Noise Control (IWAENC) since 2006. One of the organizers of IWAENC 2008 in Seattle.
- Member of the TC of Workshop on Applications of Signal Processing to Audio and Acoustics (WASPAA) since 2006.
- Member of AES, served as member of the AES Pacific Northwest Committee 2006-2016.
- Co-founder in 1986 and organizational secretary for 12 years of the International Conference on Systems for Automation of Engineering and Research (SAER), now serving as member of the International Organizing Committee. The conference name has recently been updated to International Conference on Information Technologies INFOTECH.
Episode 50, November 14, 2018 - Dr. Tashev gives us an overview of the quest for better sound processing and speech enhancement, tells us about the latest innovations in 3D audio, and explains why the research behind audio processing technology is, thanks to variations in human perception, equal parts science, art and craft.