Junbo Zhang is now an associate researcher at Microsoft Research Asia (MSRA), Beijing, China. He received his B.Eng. and Ph.D. degrees from the Southwest Jiaotong University, China in 2009 and 2015, respectively. Before joining MSRA, he was a Research Assistant at The Chinese University of Hong Kong & Research Intern at Huawei Noah’s Ark Lab, Hong Kong from 2013-2015, a visiting Ph.D. student at Georgia State University, USA from 2012-2013, and an Intern at Belgian Nuclear Research Centre (SCK-CEN), Belgium in 2011. His research interests include deep learning, big data analytics, large-scale machine learning, and spatio-temporal data mining. He has published over 30 research papers (e.g., KDD, AAAI, IJCAI, IEEE TKDE) in refereed journals and conferences, among which one paper was selected as the ESI Hot Paper, two as the ESI Highly Cited Paper, and three as the Best Paper Award. He co-authored the book “The Principles and Methodologies of Big Data Mining—-From the Perspectives of Granular Computing and Rough Sets“. Dr. Zhang received the ACM Chengdu Doctoral Dissertation Award in 2016, the Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Award of Southwest Jiaotong University in 2016, the Chinese Association for Artificial Intelligence (CAAI) Excellent Doctoral Dissertation Nomination Award in 2016, the Si Shi Yang Hua Medal of SWJTU (Top 1/1000) in 2012, the Outstanding Graduate of Sichuan Province in 2013. He was invited to give a keynote speech at the Youth Scholars’ Forum in CRSSC‐CWI‐CGrC 2015. He is a member of IEEE, ACM, CAAI and China Computer Federation.
Selected Publications [DBLP][Google Scholar]
- Dong Wang, Junbo Zhang, Wei Cao, Jian Li, Yu Zheng.
When Will You Arrive? Estimating Travel Time Based on Deep Neural Networks.
Thirty-Second AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI), 2018.
- Junbo Zhang, Yu Zheng, Dekang Qi.
Deep Spatio-Temporal Residual Networks for Citywide Crowd Flows Prediction.
Thirty-First AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI), 2017.
- Junbo Zhang, Yu Zheng, Dekang Qi, Ruiyuan Li, Xiuwen Yi.
DNN-Based Prediction Model for Spatio-Temporal Data.
ACM International Conference on Advances in Geographical Information Systems (ACM SIGSPATIAL), 2016. Demo Paper
- Xiuwen Yi, Yu Zheng, Junbo Zhang, Tianrui Li.
ST-MVL: Filling Missing Values in Geo-sensory Time Series Data.
International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI), 2016
- Junbo Zhang, Guangjian Tian, Yadong Mu, Wei Fan.
Supervised Deep Learning with Auxiliary Networks.
ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD), 2014
- Junbo Zhang, Yu Zheng, Dekang Qi, Ruiyuan Li, Xiuwen Yi, Tianrui Li.
Under Review. [arXiv version]
- Junbo Zhang, Jian-Syuan Wong, Yi Pan, Tianrui Li.
A Parallel Matrix-based Method for Computing Approximations in Incomplete Information Systems.
IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE), 27(2): 326-339, 2015
- Junbo Zhang, Tianrui Li, Da Ruan, Zizhe Gao, Chengbing Zhao.
A Parallel Method for Computing Rough Set Approximations.
Information Sciences, 194: 209-223, 2012
- Tianrui Li, Chuan Luo, Hongmei Chen, Junbo Zhang.
The Principles and Methodologies of Big Data Mining—-From the Perspectives of Granular Computing and Rough Sets.
Science Press (In Chinese), ISBN 978-7-030-48368-3, 2016.06
Selected Awards & Honors
- ACM Chengdu Doctoral Dissertation Award, 2016
- Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Award of Southwest Jiaotong University, 2016
- Excellent Doctoral Dissertation Nomination Award of Chinese Association for Artificial Intelligence (CAAI), 2016
- Best Paper Award of IEEE Chengdu Section, 2016
- Best Paper Award of Tsinghua Science and Technology, 2015
- Outstanding Graduate of Sichuan Province, 2013
- National Scholarship, China, 2013
- National Scholarship, China, 2012
- “Si Shi Yang Hua (竢实扬华)” Medal in Southwest Jiaotong University, 2012. (Top 1/1000, the students’ top honor of Southwest Jiaotong University)
- Special Grade Scholarship for Graduate Student, Southwest Jiaotong University, 2009-2014
- First Prize in the 9th National Postgraduate Mathematical Contest in Modeling, China, 2012
- PC of the American Association of Artificial Intelligence conference (AAAI 2018)
- PC of the International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM 2017) Case Study Track
- PC of the ACM SIGKDD International Workshop on Urban Computing (UrbComp 2017)(UrbComp 2016)
- PC of the International Conference on Intelligent Systems and Knowledge Engineering (ISKE 2017)
Reviewer for the following Journals
- ACM Transactions on Intelligent Systems and Technology (TIST)
- ACM Transactions on Information Systems (TOIS)
- ACM Transactions on Knowledge Discovery from Data (TKDD)
- IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics
- IEEE Transactions on Computers (TC)
- IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics (TCBB)
- IEEE Transactions on NanoBioscience
- Information Sciences
- Knowledge-Based Systems
- World Wide Web Journal (WWWJ)
- International Journal of Cloud Computing (IJCC)
- International Journal of Bioinformatics Research and Applications (IJBRA)
- International Journal of Computational Intelligence Systems (IJCIS)