My research interests are programming models to program distributed, parallel, or concurrent or systems conveniently, efficiently, and correctly.
I am particularly interested in the following topics (from more recent to less recent):
Stateful Serverless Programming
- See our recent paper on serverless workflows for a quick introduction.
- I am collaborating with Azure Durable Functions to bring our concepts and prototypes into production.
- Check out Netherite, a new execution engine for Durable Functions built by MSR.
- Slides for my talk at Shonan Village
- Check out our OOPSLA semantics paper
Programming Elastic Services using Virtual Actors
(see the Orleans project)
Eventual Consistency, and Consistency in Distributed Systems
Check out my book! (free download on publisher site, or just the pdf)
Touch-enabled scripting languages for mobile+cloud
(see the TouchDevelop project)
Programming with Concurrent Revisions
(see the Revisions project)
Verification and Debugging Tools for Concurrent Programs
(see the Cuzz and CHESS projects)