Workshop on Exploiting Concurrency Efficiently and Correctly (EC2) 2015. See the slides.
Workshop on Highly Scalable Distributed Systems (Paris, Jan 2015). See the slides.
Princeton University, University of Pennsylvania (Nov. 2014). See the slides.
Workshop on Principles and Practice of Eventual Consistency (PaPEC) 2014. See the slides.
SPLASH-I talk in Indianapolis, 2013. See the slides.
Programming Language Techniques for Incremental and Reactive Computing (Oct. 2016)
Concurrent computing in the many-core era (Jan. 2015), see the slides.
Consistency in Distributed Systems (Feb. 2013), see the slides.
Multi-Core Memory Models and Concurrency Theory (Jan. 2010), see the slides.
- NSF panelist
My research interest are programming models to program distributed, parallel, or concurrent or systems conveniently, efficiently, and correctly.
I am particularly interested in the following topics (from more recent to less recent):
- Programming Elastic Services using Virtual Actors
(see the Orleans project)
- Eventual Consistency, and Consistency in Distributed Systems
Check out my book! (free download on publisher site)
- Touch-enabled scripting languages for mobile+cloud
(see the TouchDevelop project)
- Programming with Concurrent Revisions
(see the Revisions project)
- Verification and Debugging Tools for Concurrent Programs
(see the Cuzz and CHESS projects)
Brief Publication List
For a quicker overview, here a slightly shorter list of my publications.
- [TechReport] Geo-Distribution of Actor-Based Services
- [PODC’16] Specification and Complexity of Collaborative Text Editing
- [ECOOP’15] Global Sequence Protocol: A Robust Abstraction for Replicated Shared State
- [Foundations and Trends® in Programming Languages 1, 1-2 (Oct. 2014)]
Principles of Eventual Consistency, available as a free pdf download on publisher site
- [POPL’14] Replicated Data Types: Specification, Verification, Optimality (complete version w/ proofs)
- [PLDI’13] It’s Alive! Continuous Feedback in UI Programming
- [TechReport 2013-39] Understanding Eventual Consistency
- [PLDI’12] Multicore Acceleration of Priority-Based Scheduler for Concurrency Bug Detection
- [ECOOP’12] Cloud Types for Eventual Consistency
[OOPSLA’11] (Distinguished Paper Award) Two for the Price of One: A Model for Parallel and Incremental Computation
[OOPSLA’09] The Design of a Task-Parallel Library
[HotPar’09] Lightweight Software Transactions for Games