My research interests are programming models to program distributed, parallel, or concurrent or systems conveniently, efficiently, and correctly.
I am particularly interested in the following topics (from more recent to less recent):
Advancing the Serverless Paradigm
- See the slides for my recent talk at the Sky PL Seminar.
- See our VLDB paper on the architecture of Netherite, a new execution engine for Durable Functions.
- Netherite was built by MSR in collaboration with the Azure Durable Functions team and is now generally available.
- Check out our OOPSLA semantics paper.
- For some earlier material, see our initial draft on serverless workflows on ArXiv, or the slides for my talk at Shonan Village.
Programming Elastic Services using Virtual Actors
(see the Orleans project)
Eventual Consistency, and Consistency in Distributed Systems
Check out my book! (free download on publisher site, or just the pdf)
Touch-enabled scripting languages for mobile+cloud
(see the TouchDevelop project)
Programming with Concurrent Revisions
(see the Revisions project)
Verification and Debugging Tools for Concurrent Programs
(see the Cuzz and CHESS projects)