Vani Mandava is a Principal Program Manager with Microsoft Research at Redmond with over a decade of experience designing and shipping software projects and features that are in use by millions of users across the world. Her role in the Microsoft Research Outreach team as Director of the Data Science for Research effort, is to enable academic researchers and institutions develop technologies that fuel data-intensive scientific research using advanced techniques in data management, data mining, especially leveraging Microsoft Cloud platform through the Azure for Research program.
She leads Microsoft Research Academic Outreach North America efforts at University of California, Berkeley and Massachusetts Institute of Technology. She has enabled the adoption of data mining best practices in various v1 products across Microsoft client, server and services in MS-Office, Sharepoint and Online Services (Bing Ads) organizations. She co-authored a book ‘Developing Solutions with Infopath’.
She co-chaired KDD Cup 2013 and partners with many academic and government agencies including NSF supported Big Data Innovation hub effort, a consortia coordinated by top US data scientists and expected to advance data-driven innovation nationally in the US.
May 1, 2014
Vani Mandava, Shahrokh Mortazavi, Geoffrey Fox, and Jeff Zhang
Microsoft Research, MSR, Indiana University, Microsoft
- 20110239057 Centralized service outage communication (Mohan Thimmappa, Vani Mandava)
- 20100082813 – Multiple parallel user experiences provided by a single set of internet hosting machines (Margaret H. Li, Maxim A. Ivanov, Vani Mandava, Vadim V. Varfolomeyev)
- ACM KDD 2013 – KDD Cup Co-chair
- ABI Grace Hopper 2014 – Data Science Track Lead, Posters judge
- ACM Sigspatial 2015 – Local Arrangements Chair
- ACM 2nd IKDD 2015 Conference on Data Sciences – Speaker, Industry Track
- ACT-W 2015 (Advancing the Careers of Technical Women) Seattle, Accepted Speaker – Data Science in the Cloud
- ABI Grace Hopper 2016 – Poster Committee
- ICDM 2016 – Workshop Chair: Cloudmine – Data Mining Systems and Applications in the Cloud