Yang Liu is a Lead researcher in the Internet Graphics Group at Microsoft Research Asia. He received his Ph.D degree in computer science from The University of Hong Kong in 2008, Master and Bachelor degrees in Computational Mathematics from University of Science and Technology of China, in 2003 and 2000 respectively. After completing his PhD degree, he worked in Alice group at INRIA/LORIA as a Post-Doctoral researcher since 2008. He joined Microsoft Research Asia in 2010. His research interests span in geometric modeling and optimization, mesh generation, computer-aided geometric design, architectural geometry and computational algebraic geometry.
- Program Committee: Siggraph Asia 2014, SGP 2014/2015/2016, Pacific Graphics 2013/2014/2015/2016, Geometric Modeling and Processing 2014/ 2015/2016/2017, Advances in Architectural Geometry 2014/2016, CAD/Graphics 2013/2015
- Paper Reviewer: Siggraph, Siggraph Asia, Eurographics, SGP, PG, GMP, GI, VR, CAD/Graphics, IEEE Vis, CVM, TOG, TVCG, CAD, CAGD, IEEE CGA, J. Symbolic Computation, Visual Computer, Computers and Graphics, Graphics Models, Signal Processing: Image Communication, Journal of Computer Science and Technology, JCAD.
- Chunyu Sun (PhD Candidate, from Tsinghua, 2016.11–now)
- Chang-Jian Li (PhD Cadidate, from HKU, 2016.2–2016.7, 2016.11–now)
- Shi-Lin Liu (PhD Candidate, from USTC, 2014.7–2015.5 (undergraduate), 2016.7–now)
- Peng-Shuai Wang (PhD candidate, from TSinghua, 2014.2–now)
- Dr. Xiao-Ming Fu (from USTC, 2012.9–2016.6), now assistant researcher at USTC.
- Chong-Yang Bai (Undergraduate, from USTC, 2015.9–2016.6)
- Dr. Caigui Jiang (from KAUST, 2015.6–2015.8), now PostDoc at MPI.
- Dr. Shuo Jin (from CUHK, 2014.8–2015.1), Now PostDoc at LORIA/INRIA.
- Shuang-Ming Chai (Undergraduate, from USTC, 2013.7–2014.5), now PhD candidate at USTC.
- Dr. Mario Deuss (EPFL, 2013.6–2013.9)
- Dr. Pan Hao (from HKU, 2012.9–2013.1), now associate researcher at MSRA.
- Dr. Yufei Li (from HKU, 2011.9–2012.2), now at Merrill Lynch.
- Dr. Jun Wang(from USTC, 2010.7–2011.1), now senior research engineer at BaiDu.