Strategy for real results
It is our belief that our devices reflect the people who make them. We set high expectations both for ourselves and our suppliers – find out more about how we embed our values.
Requiring robust governance
Strong governance and frameworks ensure that sustainability is embedded in our actions – learn how we identify and act on opportunities and risks.
Partnering for change
Microsoft’s platform, beliefs, and care mean that we can help transform supply chains on a global scale – find out how we partner for change.
Microsoft’s stakeholders are the people, groups, organizations, and institutions that are in, impacted by, or have an influence on our business – learn more about how we engage our stakeholders.
Operating with integrity
We operate with clear standards and robust governance, working closely with our suppliers and empowering them to build their capabilities to raise the bar across the industry. Learn more about how we strengthen integrity through due diligence and development.
100% of our active factories were assessed for risk – find out how we manage risk across a supply chain of 971,400 workers.
Audits in FY22
511 audits and assessments were completed – learn how we identify and mitigate any non-conformances within our 411 active factories.
3,133 workers were further interviewed – find out how we to cross check information to deepen our understanding of working conditions.
1,171 webinar attendees from our supplier factories gave positive feedback about using the training in their daily work – learn how we build our supplier’s capabilities.
Managing with accountability
We hold ourselves and our suppliers responsible for our impact and collaborate to find lasting solutions. Learn more about how we build connection and accountability.
Scope 3 GHG emissions
90k mtCO2e = how much our Scope 3 GHG emissions reduced by across our Devices supply chain – learn how we’re pushing towards Carbon negative by 2030.
60% of our suppliers responded to our newly launched Carbon Tracking Questionnaire – find out how we’re deepening insights into our suppliers’ carbon emissions.
44% increase in renewable energy use in one factory helped reduce carbon intensity by product weight by 45% - learn how one pilot study can inspire a supply chain.
61% of 57 VOC non-conformances were addressed (with remaining 39% on track for resolution) – learn how we protect our workers and the environment.
90% of our in-scope devices supplier factories covered by our expanded-scope labor and ethics program.
Workers Voice Hotline
100% of the 160 cases reported via our Worker’s Voice Hotline were investigated & resolved – find out how we enable our 313,484 workers to speak up without fear of retaliation.
Labor risks mitigated
97% of 276 supplier self-assessed labor risks were mitigated through tailored consultation (with remaining 3% on track for resolution) – learn how we facilitate in-depth engagement with suppliers.
SEA Academy training
177 supplier factories were represented at our SEA Academy training – found out how we support suppliers to understand regulatory requirements on forced labor prevention.
Operating with care
We empower our suppliers to nurture safe working environments.
Learn how we demand high health and safety standards for the workers in our supply chain.
Hazardous chemical risks resolved
In total, 353 risks were identified, and 89.5% of these (316) have already been mitigated, with remaining risks on track for resolution
Fire protection non-conformance
18% reduction in fire protection non-conformance – learn more about how we reduced our fire risks.
Suppliers joined IPE
142 of our suppliers joined IPE – learn how we empower suppliers to track their environmental compliance.
Recordable rate of injuries
0.03 OHSA recordable rate of injuries – learn how we’ve established best-in-class standards for our suppliers