It is important to choose inventory and management tools that are capable of collecting all the required data points to gain a clear picture of the software assets that you have deployed.
Things to consider when choosing the right tool
Here are some things to consider when choosing inventory and management tools.
- Size and the complexity of your organization
- Multiple tools may be needed to collect from various data sources
- Capable of collecting relevant user and device access data
- Ability to deploy and monitor a tool remotely or on-premises
- Ability to gather data for all devices that connect to the network remotely
- How the inventory tool is licensed