With data doubling every two years, it is more critical than ever to have simple and integrated tools to understand and manage risks to an organization. As more people work remotely, users collaborate and store data in different locations. These secular trends offer new possibilities in how work gets done—but also expose an organization to new and expanded risks: increased exposure to data breaches, costs associated with finding relevant data quickly, and meeting compliance requirements. These trends and challenges emphasize the need for a comprehensive enterprise information archiving (EIA) solution that can balance risk and productivity across multiple clouds and systems.
The Microsoft Compliance suite offers an integrated set of solutions to address the information risk and archiving challenges our customers face. We introduced multiple innovations over the past few years:
- Seamless risk management. Risk management is no longer a siloed activity. An EIA solution needs to work seamlessly with security, compliance, and productivity solutions. Our Microsoft 365 Advanced eDiscovery solution, for example, can automatically collect linked content with the original message in Microsoft Teams, Yammer, and Outlook.
- Leveraging machine learning to manage data at scale. With the large volume of data created every day, it is impossible to manually manage an organization’s content. It is easiest to manage data at scale with machine learning integrated throughout business processes, rather than as a separate add-on. For example, our trainable classifiers categorize content for retention, deletion, and protection policies.
- New data types and multi-cloud compliance. The rise of text messages, asynchronous communication, and other communication modes creates a variety of formats to manage risk and compliance. This year Microsoft introduced 65 plus new connectors built by Microsoft and partners. Customers can leverage their investments in Microsoft 365 Compliance to manage imported data alongside their Microsoft 365 data.
We are honored that Gartner has listed Microsoft as a Leader in its 2022 Magic Quadrant™ for Enterprise Information Archiving in recognition of our ability to execute and completeness of vision. This is the fourth consecutive year that Gartner recognized Microsoft as a Leader in this critical space. Additionally, Microsoft placed highest in the ‘ability to execute.’ Read the full report.
According to Gartner, “Leaders have the highest combined measures of ability to execute and completeness of vision. They may have the most comprehensive and scalable products. They have a proven track record of financial performance and an established market presence. In terms of vision, they are perceived to be thought leaders, with well-articulated plans for ease of use, product breadth, and how to address scalability. For vendors to have long-term success, they must plan to address the expanded market requirements for EIA, including support for multiple content types; support for the cloud; solid, relevant e-discovery functionality; and a seamless user experience.”
To us, this recognition would not be possible without the close partnership with our customers that provides critical insights for our solutions. We look forward to continuing this partnership and product innovation.
We invite you to read to full Gartner® 2022 Magic Quadrant™ for Enterprise Information Archiving report.
Microsoft continues to be a Leader in four additional Gartner Magic Quadrant reports in the broader security space:
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for Access Management
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for Unified Endpoint Management Tools
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for Cloud Access Security Brokers
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for Endpoint Protection Platforms
To learn more about Microsoft Security solutions, visit our website. Bookmark the Security blog to keep up with our expert coverage on security matters. Also, follow us at @MSFTSecurity for the latest news and updates on cybersecurity.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product, or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
GARTNER and Magic Quadrant are registered trademarks and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and are used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Information Archiving, by Michael Hoeck, Jeff Vogel, Chandra Mukhyala. 24 January 2022.