Defend against threats across your entire digital estate
Secure your multicloud, multiplatform environment
Get real-time protection across Azure, Amazon Web Services, and Google Cloud Platform as well as Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, and IoT platforms.
Get complete visibility into threats
Uncover sophisticated attacks such as human-operated ransomware with machine learning-based detections powered by global threat intelligence.
Investigate and respond faster
Accelerate incident response and stop breaches faster with a unified investigation experience and built-in automation.
Why combine SIEM and XDR?
Our combined security information and event management (SIEM) and extended detection and response (XDR) solution enables SecOps teams to detect, investigate, respond to, and defend against threats with a fully integrated and comprehensive set of capabilities—including SIEM, security orchestration, automation, and response (SOAR), behavioral analytics (UEBA), XDR, and global threat intelligence.
Supercharge your threat detection, investigation, remediation, and defense
A comprehensive set of capabilities that gives you visibility and in-depth protection across every layer of your digital estate.
Microsoft 365 Defender
Build a powerful defense with unified visibility, investigation, response across your endpoints, hybrid identities, emails, collaboration tools, cloud apps, and data with an industry-leading XDR platform. Microsoft 365 Defender improves response effectiveness, stops lateral movements, and unifies security and identity access management, enabling you to protect your organization more effectively.
Detect breaches and anomalies, investigate threats, and remediate issues across all of your first-party and third-party security data sources. Microsoft Sentinel is natively integrated with Microsoft XDR, providing increased context and single-click remediation using built-in automation.
Microsoft Defender for Cloud
Help protect your multicloud and hybrid cloud workloads with built-in XDR capabilities. Make your servers, storage, databases, containers, and other assets more secure. Focus on what matters most with prioritized alerts and seamless integration in Microsoft 365 Defender and Microsoft Sentinel, natively correlating alerts into broader, end-to-end incidents.
Three Reasons to Shift to Integrated Threat Protection
Learn how you can make your security operations center more proactive, efficient, and cost-effective with integrated SIEM and XDR.
Security operations maturity self-assessment tool
Find out if your security operations center is prepared to detect, respond, and recover from threats.
Microsoft 365 E5, A5, F5, and G5 customers can save on Microsoft Sentinel.
Microsoft Security is a recognized industry leader.
The Forrester New Wave™: Extended Detection and Response (XDR) Providers
Microsoft Defender is named a Leader in The Forrester New Wave™: Extended Detection and Response (XDR) Providers, Q4 2021.3
Leader in MITRE ATT&CK
Microsoft 365 Defender demonstrates industry-leading protection in the 2022 MITRE Engenuity ATT&CK Evaluations.
Consolidation can reduce costs and risk of threats
Discover how customers safeguard their organizations with integrated threat protection from Microsoft
Additional threat protection resources
Get the latest intel on threats
Stay ahead of advanced, persistent attacker trends with guidance, commentary, and insights.
Microsoft Mechanics overview
Join Microsoft Security CVP Rob Lefferts for a deeper look at Microsoft Defender.
CISO Insider: Issue 3
Learn how CISOs are moving to a cloud-centric model, bringing along everything in their digital estate from on-premises systems to IoT devices.
Threat intelligence briefings
See the latest threat briefs for concise, actionable, and relevant analysis of current and past cybersecurity threats.
-  GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally, and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved. Gartner is a registered trademark and service mark and Magic Quadrant is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and are used herein with permission. All rights reserved. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
-  Gartner Magic Quadrant for Security Information and Event Management, Pete Shoard, Andrew Davies, and Mitchell Schneider, 10 October 2022.
-  The Forrester New Wave™: Extended Detection and Response (XDR) Providers, Q4 2021, Allie Mellen with Joseph Blankenship, Alexis Tatro, and Peggy Dostie, October 13, 2021.
-  The Forrester Wave™: Security Analytics Platforms, Q4 2022, Allie Mellen with Joseph Blankenship, Caroline Provost, and Kara Hartig, December 14, 2022.
-  A commissioned study conducted by Forrester Consulting, August 2022.
-  A commissioned study conducted by Forrester Consulting, April 2022.