Shared Source Initiative > OEM Source Licensing Program
OEM Source Licensing Program
The OEM Source Licensing Program (OEMSLP) licenses Microsoft Windows Server source code to qualified OEMs. The OEMSLP provides source code for most major releases and service packs of Windows Server.
Use and Restrictions
- OEMSLP licensees may only use source code access for the sole purpose of assisting in the development, debugging, optimization, and end-user support of an OEM's hardware for the Microsoft Windows Server operating system.
- Licensees may use the source code as a reference or view within a debugger, but they may not modify the code or use it to create derivative works.
- The license term is one year, unless terminated earlier.
Eligibility Requirements (all requirements must be met)
- Have a current OEM License signed with Microsoft.
- Be a "Top Volume OEM" for the Microsoft Windows Server OS.
- OEM must maintain an executive-sponsored relationship with the Windows Server organization.
- The OEM must maintain 5,000 internal Windows seats under one of the following Volume Licensing programs:
- An Enterprise agreement
- A Select or Select Plus agreement with Software Assurance
- OEM must be headquartered in and access source code from an eligible geographic market.
- Sign the Non-Disclosure Agreement and standard licensing agreements covering allowed usage of Windows Server source code.
How to Enroll
OEMSLP Licensee Commitment
In exchange for obtaining access to one of Microsoft's most valuable intellectual property assets, licensees in the OEMSLP are required to treat that Microsoft intellectual property confidentially.
If you have any questions regarding this program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.