Average customer rating
You are unable to rate or review as you do not own this app.
Thanks. Your review will post soon.
There was an error posting your review. Please try again later.
1-10 of 84 reviews
Was my favorite news reader
No longer available? I paid for this app and now I cannot even access it!More
Imperfect but great in ways
I've been conflicted but really nothing is perfect. Dev does work hard and things do go wrong both are ture. I hope for it to get much better.More
I had this app when it was free,
now the update says $2.99. BooftyMore
Sucks now that twitter is required.
Why the heck do I need twitter just to read the news? I'm uninstalling and going back to news360More
A bit disapointed
Not as wonderful as I'd hoped, paying $3.00 for it. It doesn't refresh very well. It is OK, but not great.More
Seems a bit glitchy...
Sometimes I love Discourse, sometimes I hate it. For example, right now it's displaying up-to-date articles on the live tile, but when I click to read the articles, there is NOTHING displayed in the sections. It's totally empty. I'm hoping that it comes back to life when I restart my computer, but so far, weird and annoying things like this happen more often than I'd like.More
Don't spend your money
This may be the best reader in the Windows store, but it's not a good reader. (1) Performance is terrible. (2) You can import Google Reader feeds, but unlike every major reader on iOS or Android, the feeds are not synchronized, so if you use another device to read feeds, they still appear as "unread" on Discourse (3) the presentation is cartoon-like, and not at all well designed.More
The app works well most of the time tough it is laggy. It takes to much time to load on my surface.More
Best RSS Reader, but two things missing.
1. True offline reading with all images. I don't care that downloading images fir every article could take awhile. Most of my reading is done offline anyway, so let me download all the images instead of just a few. 2. Hierarchical feed reading as an option. I need to expand and contract my feeds, and I can't jump to the feed I want to read without clicking on several icons or sliding through many articles just to reach the feed I want to read. Maybe I'm missing something.More
Really like this ... better than FlipBoard
I really like the way this news aggregator works. It has a very clean design and is quite easy to use. I like it very much and it is definitely worth the small investment.More
- Full content, news and Twitter reader, using clear presentation for great readability
- Combine your own custom feeds, including from Twitter, with the large number included
- Discourse can keep in sync across your PCs by using your SkyDrive
- 'Topic Sections' use keywords to maintain a set of up-to-date news articles about a particular topic. (Powered by Bing, Google and Yahoo)
- 'Twitter Sections' use the powerful search and List facilities of Twitter to bring Tweets into Discourse (Twitter account required). Discourse will give you the full readable content of links in many
- Import your Twitter Lists as Discourse sections right from the main Discourse page - just use the AppBar.
- Import and Export your RSS and Atom feeds (as OPML files, including those from Google Reader)
- Share your section definitions and articles with others using the Share Charm
- No news service accounts or subscriptions are required to use Discourse.
News & weatherMore
- Approximate size
705.98 KB - 740.37 KBMore
- Age rating
For ages 12 and upMore
- Supported processors
- Supported languages
English (United States)
- Learn more
- Additional terms
Discourse license termsYou can't reverse engineer this software.
Access your Internet connection
- Report this app
Maintenance Release. New in this update: Bug fixes, feed and performance improvements. In recent updates: 1. Use SkyDrive to automatically keep Discourse in sync across your PCs and to provide an online backup of your sections etc. NOTE: Synchronization happens as sections are refreshed - it is not immediate (you can, of course, manually refresh to sync immediately). 2. Improved Import/Export of OPML. OPML can now be used to import sections as well as feeds. 3. A new "Recent Tiles" section shows the articles recently shown on your live tiles 4. Each column in the columns view now has "hot corners" at the top. - Tap the left corner for save toggling, Tap the right corner for read/unread toggling. 5. Optional in-app browser (enable/disable using settings charm) 6. Share either a link to an article or the full content (just tap the share icon within the article to choose, rather than using the share charm directly) 7. Unread counts now appear in the sections menu 8. Performance and memory improvements and bug fixes. Many thanks to everyone who contacted firstname.lastname@example.org - it's the very best way to get the fixes and features you want. Special thanks to Reinhard and Denny.