The best and most customizable RSS news reader available for Windows 8. Now supports NewsBlur! Feed Reader is a modern news reader app with a classic list based design. Now with build in Instapaper and Pocket sharing! Quick access buttons like next/prev item, full screen, star/unstar, open in browser, mark as unread and mark a list read are available to quickly select without extra strokes. This is especially great for tablet usage and quickly getting through tons of articles. Full featured ad supported trial available.More
- Supports Windows 8 searching, to search through all your read and unread items from the search charm bar.
- Background task which keeps your live tile updated with recent news and unread count.
- You can pin your favorite feeds to your start menu.
- Dark and Light themes supported and selectable through the application settings.
- Full feed management to subscribe/unsubscribe feeds, rename or move feeds to folders.
- Quickly Star/UnStar and mark any thread unread from the main page, no extra clicks to bring up the app bar.
- Easy quick full screen reading from any device including quick next/prev buttons at the bottom when holding a tablet.
- Full offline support, sync your news while online then read while disconnected from the net.
- Expand/Collapse feed folders.
- Many settings available to control auto refresh time, displaying of images in feed list, plus many more.
- Quickly mark all items in a feed as read and the next feed will get automatically selected.
- There a setting to have 'All unread' auto selected when the app starts for users that like to have this list selected when they start.
- Select a default view for feed items from the cached html, live view or one of the mobilizer views (Google, Instapaper or Readability)
- Instapaper and Pocket (formerly Read it Later) sharing built into the app.
Watching user feedback and fixing issues as they are asked for, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for requests or questions. thank you! Release 33: • Passwords containing special characters weren't escaped properly, now fixed Release 30: • Improvements in calling NewsBlur Service Release 29: • Added NewsBlur Support to replace Google Reader, you can switch between the 2 until Google Reader is retired Release 27: • Fixed searching from charms bar when app is not launched • Searching via charms bar now shows both unread and read items