The best and most customizable RSS news reader available for Windows 8. Now supports NewsBlur! Feed Reader is a modern news reader app with a classic list based design. Now with build in Instapaper and Pocket sharing! Quick access buttons like next/prev item, full screen, star/unstar, open in browser, mark as unread and mark a list read are available to quickly select without extra strokes. This is especially great for tablet usage and quickly getting through tons of articles. Full featured ad supported trial available.More
Average customer rating
You are unable to rate or review as you do not own this app.
Thanks. Your review will post soon.
There was an error posting your review. Please try again later.
1-10 of 153 reviews
Coordinates with the Windows Phone app.
I like that I can update on either the phone or my tablet, and read the articles either place.More
Used to be the best reader app I've tried
Update: Like others, I've found that News Blur doesn't work. Until it does, this app is just taking up space. I've finally found a reader app for my surface that I can use. Minus one star because I shouldn't be required to have a Google Reader account to read RSS feeds, but given the other features of this program I can live with that. And at least this app doesn't call itself an RSS reader and then require a Google apps account.More
This app works as it should, simple, light and uncluttered and syncs back with the server. The only suggestion would be to please remove the bottom right corner buttons (mobilized, up and down arrows) and put them at the top, so the actual article can go all the way to the bottom. On a surface rt the article area is cramped as it is. Thank you..More
I love this Google Reader app
This is by far the best Google Reader app I have ever used. The developer obviously spent a lot of time designing the UX. It is consistent with the look and feel other Windows 8 apps and works great. I enjoy being able to move quickly between my different feeds, mark entire feeds as read, quickly expand the article viewing area or launch it in IE. Well done.More
Scrolls too fast with a mouse but lovely overall.
For seemingly only one version the scrolling issue was fixed. Unfortunately this means I'm not going to use the app but I will say that besides that it's great. You can read feeds within the app which I love, the layout is nice and easy (but could use an "oldest first" option), and it syncs well.More
Best Google Reader app on Windows 8 Store
Simple, elegant and efficient interface. Full featured RSS feed manager. Responsive developer. This is the first non-free Windows 8 Store app that I found compelled to purchase.More
I bought it; that says it all
This reader is exactly what I wanted; an app frontend for Google Reader. The interface is clean, has a perfect layout for tablets, and is customizable. The only thing keeping this app from being 5 stars is the lack of settings synchronization. Suggestion to the devs: use the built-in APIs to synchronize my Google credentials and settings across all my Windows 8 devices!More
Beautiful App / Would Love "Magazine" View Option!
Its a REALLY great reader (rss) app with a nice looking and easy to use UI. I would LOVE to have an option to view feed stories in a "magazine style" view! That would make this app perfect! UPDATE: Pocket Added THANK YOU! FYI For Surface Owners: Lowering synced stories amount (~50 each) and removing pictures from preview helps performance greatly.More
One of my most-used apps
I like the simple, fast UI and the fact that reading an article on one device marks it read everywhere. This is an app I use many times every day.More
- Supports Windows 8 searching, to search through all your read and unread items from the search charm bar.
- Background task which keeps your live tile updated with recent news and unread count.
- You can pin your favorite feeds to your start menu.
- Dark and Light themes supported and selectable through the application settings.
- Full feed management to subscribe/unsubscribe feeds, rename or move feeds to folders.
- Quickly Star/UnStar and mark any thread unread from the main page, no extra clicks to bring up the app bar.
- Easy quick full screen reading from any device including quick next/prev buttons at the bottom when holding a tablet.
- Full offline support, sync your news while online then read while disconnected from the net.
- Expand/Collapse feed folders.
- Many settings available to control auto refresh time, displaying of images in feed list, plus many more.
- Quickly mark all items in a feed as read and the next feed will get automatically selected.
- There a setting to have 'All unread' auto selected when the app starts for users that like to have this list selected when they start.
- Select a default view for feed items from the cached html, live view or one of the mobilizer views (Google, Instapaper or Readability)
- Instapaper and Pocket (formerly Read it Later) sharing built into the app.
News & weatherMore
- Approximate size
- Age rating
For ages 12 and upMore
- Supported processors
- Supported languages
English (United States)
- Learn more
- Additional terms
Access your Internet connection
- Report this app
Watching user feedback and fixing issues as they are asked for, please email email@example.com for requests or questions. thank you! Release 33: • Passwords containing special characters weren't escaped properly, now fixed Release 30: • Improvements in calling NewsBlur Service Release 29: • Added NewsBlur Support to replace Google Reader, you can switch between the 2 until Google Reader is retired Release 27: • Fixed searching from charms bar when app is not launched • Searching via charms bar now shows both unread and read items