This is a modern version of the desktop's File Explorer. Why "My" Explorer? Because it does not only give you access to browse and manage all your files and folders in a touch first way, it also allows you to make it personal. You can make it yours by having your own favorites at hand and allowing you to pin to Start any folder, so that it is always very easy to reach those locations in a simple and friendly few steps. Restrictions to all Windows 8 applications that affect My Explorer: - The following folders are not accessible to any Windows 8 application: System folders (i.e. program files); hidden and protected folders and files; executable files (i.e. exe, js) - It is not possible to launch files that depend on other files (i.e. complete webpages, the ones that save an html file and a folder with its images)More
Average customer rating
You are unable to rate or review as you do not own this product.
Thanks. Your review will post soon.
There was an error posting your review. Please try again later.
could be better
would be great if basic commands like delete or ctrl+c would work in it, but its pretty good as it isMore
Not for tablets
Absolutely no scaling on tablet. The app is limited to a single column in the middle third of the screen, with empty areas on left or right. Also no SD card support.More
Simple & straight forward. Works on win10!
Makes using windows 10 in "tablet mode" easier when it comes to searching for files on my Asus Transformer!More
doesn't work with windows 10
it closed downMore
Must have for windows 8!!!!
Seriously an amazing app for win 8!!!!! The file browsing experience in my win 8 tablet just got soo much better! I have one small suggestion, could you please add the option to disable the file explorer from switching the default yellow folder icons with icons of files inside the folder? it sometimes hogs the app when there are too many folders. Also, if you have the time, would it be possible to add the option of making the folder icons larger/smaller? Thank you so much for this app it is seriously the best app there is for win 8!More
I love this app. To get the best experience, you have to tag the folders you most use as "favorite". Then, every time you open the app, it goes right there where you want. After using a couple of others in the store, this one is way faster and takes full advantage of the metro experience. Highly recommendedMore
Great Interface, but crashes and has other issues
Well, I really like the Modern interface, and there is a lot to like about this program, but it has serious issues. About half the time when I open a pictures folder it crashes and exits the program. And it is not consistant on which folders cause a crash. Sometimes the same folder causes a crash and sometimes not. Very dissapointing. Also, it won't open some file extensions (e.g. "PRG"). These are extensions registered with Windows which open fine from the stock File Explorer. I get the message, "Error: Open, File Launch Failed." This program has promise, but it is not ready for use yet. Since there is no record of the dates of the updates in the changelog of this program, I don't know how often it is updated, so I am hesitant to continue using it. Also, there seems to be no way to contact the author for support or to report issues. I am running Win 8.1, 64bit, on a fairly new HP touchscreen laptop.More
Nice app. Simple and easy to use. One improvement could be when a file is selected, like a video or picture, I would prefer to see it open in full screen and not see "My Explorer" still taking up part of the screen space. Continually having to swipe it out of the way is a nuisance.More
Can't find anything
It only lets me see my Skydrive, music, pictures, and video folders. When I try to add a favorite and pick from this PC it says there are no files or folders in this view. Very limiting. I can't even find the Documents folder. This app is being uninstalled.More
- Browse your computer, network locations, removable devices, homegroup computers and media server devices
- Manage favorites and recent groups
- Manage your files and folders (cut, copy, paste, move to, copy to, rename, recycle and delete)
- Snap the app to the side to use it as a fast file opener/switcher
- Pin folders to Start for fast and direct access to selected folders
- Use the share option to interact with other apps (i.e. e-mail attachment)
- Customize the look and feel of the app
Utilities & toolsMore
- Approximate size
- Age rating
For ages 12 and upMore
- Supported operating systems
Windows 10Windows 8.1Windows 8
- Supported processors
- Supported languages
English (United States)
- Learn more
- Additional terms
My Explorer license termsThis app let the user manage (including permanent delete) files and folders. Neither the developer nor the app will be responsible for data loss due to possible errors in the app.
Use your pictures libraryUse your video libraryUse your music library
- Report this app
- Added support to copy folders - Added view option to appbar: - Thumbnails/details view - Show/hide file name extensions - Current folder path is now displayed on the top of the screen when the appbar is shown - New tooltips added: - On items on home screen: displays the path of the folder, if any - On computer folders: shows full name, type, size (for files only) and date modified - Favorite and clear recent buttons added to home page - On some screen sizes, items no longer re-position after selecting an item - Visual improvements - About page updated now with all the application information and the release notes in it - Bug fixes