Ever been stuck trying to find an interesting name for your new project, team or band? It can be a long and drawn out process to find something that you and your friends are all happy with. NameStorm has been designed to help you through this process by providing a structured approach to the generation of potential names. You can start with one of the predefined themed templates or take control yourself and build your own definition to begin generating names from. Combine categorized adjectives, verbs and nouns in interesting ways, and see what NameStorm can come up with for you!More
- Build up name definitions from nouns, adjectives, verbs and custom words.
- Get a head start with one of the predefined templates.
- Generate new names at the touch of a button, or regenerate individual words within a name.
- Constrain words to particular categories such as animals, vehicles or colors.
- Constrain words to begin with a particular letter, or force alliteration across all words in a name.
- Lock down words within a name that you like to prevent them from regenerating.
- Specify pluralization and verb tense.
- Store and manage your favorite names in shortlists.
- Shortlists can have custom names manually added to them and support drag n drop reordering, renaming, sorting and other common maintenance tasks.
- Shortlisted names can be rated 1-4 stars, and then sorted by rating to help you narrow down your name choices.
- Share shortlists via the Windows 8 Share charm.
- Export shortlists to the filesystem, or simply copy selections from them to the clipboard.
- Backup and restore settings including all shortlists to the filesystem or SkyDrive.
- Search across all your shortlists using the Windows 8 Share charm.