NOOK – Books, Magazines, Newspapers, Comics
Get an incredible reading experience with NOOK® from Barnes & Noble, one of the world's largest booksellers. With a rich history of bookselling, our reading experts help you choose from a vast selection of NOOK books— many FREE —as well as magazines, newspapers, and comics on your Windows 8 tablet and PC, now supporting Windows 8.1. Sample NOOK Books FREE and try any newspaper or magazine for 14 days. Get 2 FREE eBooks plus 12 back issues of select Magazines with your subscription when you install the NOOK app and register with a new NOOK account. These pre-selected eBook titles and subscribed magazine titles back issues will automatically appear in your library when you sign in for the first time. † Sign in using your Microsoft account to start reading and shopping. Customize your reading experience to view books with different fonts, line spacing and themes, turn pages with the flick of a finger or jump to any page. The app even comes loaded with free book samples. And so you never lose your place, the NOOK app syncs the last page you've read across your tablet and PC. No matter which device you use, always pick up right where you left off. With NOOK, you can read what you love anywhere you like. † Selected promotional content available for a limited time only to new U.S. NOOK customers only. Promotion subject to change and may be modified or ended at any time. No cash value.More
Average customer rating
You are unable to rate or review as you do not own this product.
Thanks. Your review will post soon.
There was an error posting your review. Please try again later.
I admire your collection of books every thing I need is just a click away. thank youMore
Liked the nook for pc better.
I definitely like the variety, Nook has too offer. What I have trouble with is the last page read is not saved. I end up reading the same thing over and over because it resets back to where I started instead of where I last read. Getting used to fhe new layout or features like the bookmark is confusing for me as well.More
Eat, Pray Love
My other half and I take classes where we read the same books. Nook makes it easy for each of us to keep track of the class, yet access highlights and notes. Love it.More
So much better on android
Frustrating. Not user friendly. Detailed features either don't work as they do on Droid or require 2-3 steps to get to. Changing from landscape to photo orientation freezes and changes text and in app screen size. So annoying. Why the basic functions from the original Nook app are absent I simply don't know? This is not an upgraded platform. Just convoluted. Worthless.More
Love it great on the go easy to use I would like to organize my books in the order I like them but other than that love it and nice pricesMore
Basically incompatible with Windows 10. It seems everyone is more concerned about DRM than getting their apps usable. Calibre is far superior for e-book management but of course can't open DRM epubs. Barnes and Noble should put all their energy into working with Calibre to get a working app.More
Not too bad!
All in all, this is a pretty good app. (I've updated my Toshiba tablet from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, this version of app is for Windows 8). This app has many of the same features as is on my Nook Color tablet. Would like if app could access my Wish List at the store.More
This fills a nook in my app collection
I like the synchronization among devices (I use it on laptop, Android tab and Android phone), ability to search for text, and the highlight/notes functions. It could be just a little more user friendly, or maybe I'm still learning, and too "male" to use the tutorials...More
Great for personal and school use.
I get as many of my textbooks on here as I can since it makes it easy to search for specific terms/names and allows me to highlight section of the book. Additional bonus is that I can make notes anywhere I want within the books and some texts can be 'rented' instead of bought.More
I would say I'm an extreme reader but I'm also insanely clumsy! I always manage to destroy the books I have with stains and rips before I even half way through. With this I can keep my books clean and just read it here on my tabletMore
NOOK – Books, Magazines, Newspapers, Comics
- Shop for books, magazines, newspapers and comics with the touch of a finger.
- Sample NOOK Books FREE. Explore the best of fiction, sci-fi, mystery, romance and more.
- Read the most popular and bestselling magazines including Time, People, Sports Illustrated, and Real Simple.
- Free 14-day trial subscriptions of newspapers and magazines.
- Sign in using your Microsoft account – no need to create a new account to access the books and magazines in your library.
- Import ePub and PDF files from your PC or SkyDrive to access your favorite content in one place
- Add notes to books and highlight words using multiple colors
- Find words or phrases in books
- Type anywhere in the app to search your Library or search within the NOOK Shop to find new books, magazines, newspapers and comics.
- ArticleView® for magazines helps you focus on an article and quickly move between articles.
- Adjustable fonts, spacing and themes let you customize your reading experience so your book looks the way you like.
- BESTSELLING BOOKS: Doctor Sleep, Sycamore Row, The Longest Ride, Never Go Back, Takedown Twenty, David and Goliath, King and Maxwell, Command Authority, Reached, and Divergent Series #3 – Allegiant
- BESTSELLING AUTHORS INCLUDE: James Patterson, John Grisham, Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Tom Clancy, Dan Brown, Bill O’Reilly Janet Evanovich, Nicholas Sparks, Nora Roberts
- BESTSELLING MAGAZINES: PEOPLE, TIME, Sports Illustrated, Real Simple, Better Homes & Gardens, Glamour, WIRED, GQ, Us Weekly, OK! Magazine, Star, Maxim, Women’s Health, Men’s Health, and Shape
Barnes & NobleMore
Books & referenceMore
- Approximate size
13.82 MB - 51.09 MBMore
- Age rating
For ages 16 and upMore
- Supported operating systems
Windows 10Windows 8.1Windows 8
- Supported processors
- Supported languages
English (United States)English (United Kingdom)Deutsch (Deutschland)Español (España, Alfabetización Internacional)Français (France)Italiano (Italia)Norsk, Bokmål (Norge)Nederlands (Nederland)Polski (Polska)Svenska (Sverige)English (Canada)English (Australia)Čeština (Česká Republika)Dansk (Danmark)Eesti (Eesti)Suomi (Suomi)Français (Belgique)Français (Canada)Français (Suisse)Magyar (Magyarország)Italiano (Svizzera)Lietuvių (Lietuva)Latviešu (Latvija)Nederlands (België)Português (Brasil)Română (România)Slovenčina (Slovenská Republika)Slovenščina (Slovenija)Deutsch (Schweiz)English (South Africa)English (New Zealand)English (India)English (Ireland)Deutsch (Österreich)Español (Argentina)Español (México)Español (Puerto Rico)Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesia)日本語 (日本)한국어(대한민국)Русский (Россия)
- Learn more
- Additional terms
NOOK – Books, Magazines, Newspapers, Comics license termsNOOK® Application Terms of Services http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/legal-nook-windows8-eula/379003829 NOOK® Store Terms of Services http://www.nook.com/legal/nook-store-terms
Access your Internet connection
- Report this app
NOOK for Windows 8 v1.9 brings an incredible reading experience for books, magazines, newspapers, and comics to Windows 8.1 customers in many new countries and languages. NEW: Read books and magazines in Japanese, Korean, Indonesian, and Russian (where available). Set browsing preferences to filter results by language. Browse entire collection and Import files without signing in. Enjoy lower rates on many titles when you start an annual subscription or upgrade your monthly subscription (where applicable). Better Library organization—book series are grouped together. Import ePub and PDF files you find anywhere on Windows 8 and see the name of the file and cover image in your Library. Layout and performance enhancements.