Sketchable provides the best creative digital journaling experience on the market. It is the only professional windows store art application with Layers. Whether you import an image, snap a photo, or start from a blank canvas, Sketchable puts the creative options in your hands. No matter the context, Sketchable is the perfect app to breathe life into your ideas. The elegant interface is designed to get the most out of each device and fast fluid brushes allow for an uninterrupted workflow.More
Average customer rating
You are unable to rate or review as you do not own this app.
Thanks. Your review will post soon.
There was an error posting your review. Please try again later.
1-10 of 70 reviews
Awesome app for the price
An absolutely fantastic sketching app for the price, it has a lot of great features! Loving layers, but wish it had a symmetry feature. Maybe in future release?More
Very good for the price-room to improve
The interface is very easy to use and works flawlessly with my surface. This is the best app I have used for drawing on my tablet. There are a few features I would like to see added however such as an ability to select parts of a drawing within a layer and resize/rotate just that selection. This app allows you to save files in a PhotoShop format though so it is easy to export your drawings and make any changes you need. Great app for digital artists with tablets.More
I'm really enjoying it so far, and the layer support is amazing. It's really efficient to use once you know where everything is, and I'd definitely recommend giving it a shot.More
Nice application but need improvements
This app is on par with the Autodesk Sketchbook, however need improvements in the UI design and more features.More
Best Windows app for drawing
Layer support and a wide variety of textures and tools to create with. Has basic transform functions, but the only one I can't quite figure out, if it's even been implemented yet, is selecting parts of a piece instead of the whole thing. Also if there was a crop feature it would make the app really useful as well since there's so much extra space if I don't fill up the whole page. Other than those two things, I love the app.More
Great app but beware upgrade Win 8.1 to 10
I reviewed several drawing programs and found Sketchable worked best for me. Some icons confused me with saving and opening (depending on what screen I was on) , but I got to understand. Layers did just what I want. Well worth the 11.99 to get bundle upgrade. I had trouble with Win 10 upgrade (like many others) and the Store app causing a problem with programs like this. I fixed Store with upgrade (also an issue after upgrade from 8.1) then all seems to work... including Store. One month after fixing - above paragraph - I discovered features weren't working. I thought it was Sketchable but again turned out to be Windows 10 and the Store. I think MS should pay these app developers for all the questions people like me hit them up with when it appears to have been MS issue. Win 10 upgrade still impacting me over a month later.More
Good but some issues
Sketchable is a good creative app overall. The toolsets and customization options allow for a lot of expression and range. I'm using this with a Surface Pro 3 and Sketchable has run remarkable well. But my problems are with the UI. When I started using the app a couple of weeks ago basic functions were entirely too hard to find. Key mark of bad UI design. I couldn't find the fill tool because there isn't one. The fill function isn't better than a dedicated fill tool. How to change layer order isn't immediately made clear. The toolbar is lacking. If a user has to consult a tutorial for basic functions after opening the app, the UI is a failure. Sketchable functions well once the steep learning curve is overcome but I see no reason why a standard toolbar UI wouldn't suffice here. I'll use the app but it won't be my daily driver. Sketchbook for Mobile is still better if more expensive. * WTF, I have 8GBs of RAM in a Surface Pro 3 but Sketchable still limits me to 8 layers? REALLY?More
Compliments & Complaints
Sketchable is excellent for drawing simple, all the way to elaborate artwork. The tools are fantastic. However, they do have some flaws. First of all, I would like to point out a small problem with the blur tool. It functioned well up until a few days ago, then it no longer blurred and it changed to work like an eraser. I don't know why that is, but I hope that it can be fixed soon! Something else has happened today with the eraser. It used to erase completely, but now it erases faintly and only makes the drawings lighter. I can't seem to find any way to fix it. The problems with the blur tool and the eraser are the main reasons why I am writing this review. I wish to let the developers know what is going on and hope that they fix it. Although, Sketchable has some minor issues, I still think that it is a wonderful app. I would recommend it to any fellow artists out there! This app is superb, and it's very fun to draw with, and I encourage Silicon Benders to keep up the good work! =)More
Best ever Sketch app...luv it, great job, thanks.More
Good drawing app, however, you shouldn't need to keep connecting to the Windows store to access the features that you bought. This presents a problem if you want to use offline. It can be very frustrating.More
- Layers - Add, Place, Paste, Rearrange, transform, and merge layers.
- Create the highest resolution journals possible on your device with personalized names, covers, and sizes ranging common screen sizes, hard copy sizes, up to 4k on the x64.
- Adaptive UI that adapts to touch, mice, and stylus input.
- Photoshop PSD Export. Move your mobile work into a industry standard desktop application.
- Brushes - Choose between eight different tools to create the perfect effect. The Brush and Eraser come free.
- Stroke Preview - Make quick adjustments or delve into the numerous controls of each tool. Advanced features are available advanced features are available after any purchase.
- Color Pots - store up to 12 unique colors for quick access.
- Color Picker - make adjustments to hue, value, and saturation while navigating to your ideal color or simply use the dropper to select one, with this in-app purchase.
- Over a dozen custom paper textures to tweak while using textured painting tools.
- Undo history that is persistent, and at least 12 deep.
- Import/Export - Import journals, images, and tool presets from your computer or the web and export them just as easily.
- Mulitool Stylus Eraser - can assume the identity of any available tool when contact occurs with the tool icon.
- Stylus PolyEraser - allows for quick removal of areas with a simple press and hold via the eraser end of the stylus.
- Sharing - Post your ideas, creations, and images for everyone to see without ever leaving Sketchable.
- Camera - Snap a series of photos into a journal for instant editing and annotations.
- Familiar keyboard shortcuts for fast navigation.
- GPU accelerated tools and canvas fuel the smoothest interactions.
- Page info includes a running count of the operations performed on each page. Amaze yourself with the details behind each creation.
- Brush Cursor feedback to allow for precise interactions prior to contact.
Silicon Benders, LLCMore
- Approximate size
43.57 MB - 44.8 MBMore
- Age rating
For ages 12 and upMore
- Supported processors
x64, arm, x86More
- Supported languages
English (United States)العربية (المملكة العربية السعودية)Deutsch (Deutschland)Español (España, Alfabetización Internacional)Français (France)Italiano (Italia)日本語 (日本)한국어(대한민국)Polski (Polska)Português (Brasil)Русский (Россия)Türkçe (Türkiye)中文(中华人民共和国)中文(香港特別行政區)
- Learn more
- Additional terms
Sketchable license termsYou cannot reverse engineer this software.
Use devices that support Near Field Communication (NFC) servicesUse your webcamUse your locationUse your pictures libraryUse data stored on an external storage device
- Report this app
Release 33 focused on fixing crashes occurring in the x86 version when using the layers palette or transform tool. Performance has also been improved. "You don’t need a manual to start working. Pick a brush and paint away. Under the hood there is a lot more power than you are first aware of... The speed of the brushes when making strokes is fast and there is absolutely no lag." - Don Seegmiller, Master Painter "Overall, if you are looking for a great little program that packs a bunch of features into an easily accessible interface, you cannot go wrong with Sketchable.” - Don Seegmiller, Master Painter