Seamlessly fusing the freedom and romance of your physical notebook with the power and flexibility of the digital world, Sketchable provides the best creative experience on the market. Sketchable’s comprehensive yet clean interface is carefully crafted to harness the full potential of you and your device, making sure nothing comes between you and your imagination. Part journal, part canvas, Sketchable allows you to scribble a note, snap and edit a pic, import and augment an image, or paint a masterwork—easily sharing it all with your friends and family. Open the app, pick a tool, pick a color, and delve into a limitless world of creativity.More
Average customer rating
You are unable to rate or review as you do not own this product.
Thanks. Your review will post soon.
There was an error posting your review. Please try again later.
The app is really good - I really love the UX, which is a pretty good combination between a traditional-type artist's workspace (your tools to one side, different pages, pages in journals, etc) and your digital medium with layering, etc. Very good features, and the trial version does a good job of letting you play with them first. I have a Dell Inspirion 2-in-1, not a Surface device, but I found this app to work great with my existing hardware and a Meko clear-nibbed stylus.More
Great App easy to use tools does a amazing job thanks.More
More detail than Freshpaint
Excellent. I love the aesthetic appeal and simplicity of Fresh Paint (two things this app lacks, but are not too important to me) but Sketchable supplies important options Fresh Paint was missing. I CAN CHANGE THE BRUSH ANGLE. I would get so frustrated about that with the default painting app. Also, there are numerous other detailed settings that are fantastic - like whether paint on the brush fades as you paint, or if you want to work on one layer at a time. Layering like on Photoshop is amazing. Downsides: it's complex. It took me a little bit to figure everything out, but that naturally comes with having so many detailed settings. True, you don't need a manual like Photoshop, but it will take a bit to learn nonetheless. I didn't like getting a "free" app but then paying 11.99 for all the tools. It says explicitly on the app page that they cost 11.99, and trust me, you will want all of them. So just keep that in mind. Overall, I absolutely love it.More
Probably the best drawing app on Windows
Easy to get started, great drawing algorithm, with layers and a ton of new features - I'd highly recommend it.More
Great drawing app
I've never drawn digitally before and this made it so much fun and easy to learn.More
Jeez, this was supposed to be 42MB, but the latest update was huge. It now shows as 474MB! That's one hell of an update! What gives?More
Silicon Benders, LLC responded on 2/2/2016
One of our primary focuses on this release was usability. To achieve this, we added two main features, tool tips and imbedded tutorial videos. It’s the latter that caused a majority of the size increase. We will look into getting the videos file size down and then send out a patch. It won’t be as small as it was, but hopefully it will be more of a balanced tradeoff.More
This is still really fun to draw with but I would like it if there were more options to make it easier to use in general. The Layers need an easier way to identify what you're working on; like the ability to name them. A ruler tool like one of the IPad's apps would be great too. The one where you use the touch option to move the ruler around to outline with the pen and make the lines accurate with angles. Organization could be improved by allowing us to move pages around in the individual book or to another book. This could allow us to create a digital portfolio. However, I would really like the ability to draw something and upload it later. And to be able to pick some drawings to work on without WiFi and then upload them later. I can't even open this app without WiFi and that makes things really inconvenient. I use the Surface Pro 3 with the SP4 pen.More
Windows 10 update would be nice, and extra work to make it great for Surface would be amazing!More
excellent sketching app
similar to Paper by 53 on iOS but with just enough improved features and more advanced options. This is the best app for quick sketching on Windows!More
Having used several drawing apps from the Windows Store, I can say this is one of the best, if not THE best. I use Photoshop and Paint Tool Sai for most of my drawing, and the tools in Sketchable are very similar. I love having layers and mirroring features. I've seen a lot of people complain about spending $12 for an app, but compared to the cost of major art programs, this is a steal. If you can't afford the programs like Photoshop, Sai, or Painter, and you don't want to be a pirate, Sketchable is a good deal. Giving this 4 stars instead of 5 because I wish I had more customization for the journal sizes. You choose from a list of default paper dimensions and there's no way to make your own. Aside from that, I love this app.More
- Create the highest resolution journals possible on your device with personalized names, covers, and sizes ranging common screen sizes, hard copy sizes, up to 4k on the x64.
- Color Picker - make adjustments to hue, value, and saturation while navigating to your ideal color or simply use the dropper to select one.
- Customize UI – Settings controls allow the user to manipulate the size and color of the UI.
- GPU accelerated tools and canvas fuel smooth interactions.
- Photoshop PSD Export - Move your mobile work into an industry standard desktop application.
- Layers (Premium Feature) - Add, Place, Paste, Rearrange, transform, and merge layers. Now up to 32!
- Stroke Preview (Premium Feature) - Make quick adjustments or delve into the numerous controls of each tool.
- Masks (Premium Feature) - Select a shape and mark off a section of the canvas that cannot be edited.
- Stencils (Premium Feature) - Snap to a selected shape for crisp lines and curves.
- Paint Bucket (Premium Feature) - Quickly fill an area of your canvas
- Transform (Premium Feature) - Position a layer with scale, position, rotation.
- Symmetry (Premium Feature) – Choose between one or two axis and position them anywhere on the canvas.
- Save ~15% on all remaining features.
- Upgrade to new 3.0 Premium Features
- Premium Features
- Develop your sketches by adding textured tone, crosshatching and much more.
- Quickly make adjustments to hue, value, and saturation to create your ideal colors.
- Blend the pigment on the canvas
- The only difference between this and your favorite ballpoint pen is,this will never run out of ink.
- Creates smooth realistic lines that produce a subtle darkening of the canvas.
- Gradually build up color to develop subtly beautiful details.
- Produces fluid textured strokes that darken as you add detail.
- Adds texture while building towards you selected color.
- To enable the application after the trial period.
Silicon Benders, LLCMore
- Approximate size
41.85 MB - 452.67 MBMore
- Age rating
For ages 6 and upMore
- Supported operating systems
Windows 10Windows 8.1Windows 8
- Supported processors
x64, arm, x86More
- Supported languages
English (United States)العربية (المملكة العربية السعودية)Deutsch (Deutschland)Español (España, Alfabetización Internacional)Français (France)Italiano (Italia)日本語 (日本)한국어(대한민국)Polski (Polska)Português (Brasil)Русский (Россия)Türkçe (Türkiye)中文(中华人民共和国)中文(香港特別行政區)
- Learn more
- Additional terms
Sketchable license termsYou cannot reverse engineer this software.
Use devices that support Near Field Communication (NFC) servicesUse your webcamUse your locationUse your pictures libraryUse data stored on an external storage deviceAccess your Internet connection
- Report this app
"You don’t need a manual to start working. Pick a brush and paint away. Under the hood there is a lot more power than you are first aware of... The speed of the brushes when making strokes is fast and there is absolutely no lag." - Don Seegmiller, Master Painter "Overall, if you are looking for a great little program that packs a bunch of features into an easily accessible interface, you cannot go wrong with Sketchable.” - Don Seegmiller, Master Painter