Explore the wonders of the Solar System with Star Chart, the definitive star gazing and astronomy app. From our own star - the Sun, to the moons of Jupiter and rings of Saturn, Star Chart gives you a virtual window into the visible universe. With over 4 million installs Star Chart is used by educators, amateur astronomers, parents, children and curious minds alike. Make the most of your powerful Windows 8 Augmented Reality enabled device and hold it up to the sky. Star Chart will tell you exactly what you are looking at! Augmented Reality (AR) mode is available on tablets, laptops & devices with accelerometer and digital magnetometer sensors. Alternatively, explore the universe from the comfort of your desktop to learn about the wonders of our solar system and beyond. Visit the planets, explore their rings and moons, learn about the constellations, discover majestic Messier objects, and travel both forwards and backwards in time. Using state of the art GPS technology, an accurate 3D universe and the latest high-tech sensor functionality, Star Chart calculates – in real time - the current location of every star, planet and moon visible from Earth and shows you precisely where they are; even in broad daylight! Want to know what that bright star is called? Point your AR device at it – you might just find out it’s a planet! Want to know how the night sky appears to people on the other side of the earth? Well just point your AR device down! Want to know where your star sign is in the sky? Star Chart will tell you all this and much more. So point your Windows 8 AR device at the sky and see what's out there! ------------ Escape Velocity and Escapist Games will update Star Chart regularly, so please send us your feedback and feature requests to firstname.lastname@example.org Visit the Star Chart website: www.starchart.info Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/StarChart Follow Star Chart on Twitter: StarChartApp - twitter.com/StarChartAppMore
- • Explore our beautiful Planets, Moons, Rings, Satellites, Stars, Constellations, Messier objects and much much more
- • Just point and view. Your Windows 8 AR enabled device will open up a window into the visible universe.
- • Sit back and enjoy tours of all the planets, as Star Chart shows you views of our Solar System that you have never seen before.
- • Shift forwards and backwards in time by up to 10,000 years.
- • Control Star Chart with your Voice to 'fly-to', 'look at' & 'tour' night sky objects.
- • Track and explore Satellites including Hubble and the ISS.
- • Features all 88 constellations, with intricate constellation imagery based on the beautiful artwork by 15th century astronomer Johannes Hevelius.
- • Includes a complete re-mastered and high quality Messier catalogue of exotic deep sky objects.
- • Accurately depicts 120K stars up to magnitude +10, and unlock 18M stars with an in-app purchase
- • Share your beautiful screen captures, astronomical discoveries and night sky viewing with your friends, with the help of Windows 8 Share.
- • Select anything in the sky and get facts on what you are looking at, including distance, brightness and exact position in the sky.
- • Very powerful zoom function lets you view the sky in extra detail.
- • Fully configurable. Star Chart displays only the sky objects that you are interested in.
- • Allows you to view the sky underneath the horizon, so now you can see where the sun is even at night!
- • Manually set your location to find out what the sky looks like from anywhere in the world.
- • A powerful and dynamic search function lets you search the entire night sky, utilising the new Windows 8 Search
- • Supports dynamic device orientation viewing. Allows you to view the night sky with your Windows 8 screen at any angle.
This major update brings Windows 8.1 features to Star Chart, and adds Meteor Showers as an upgrade. Key Win8.1 features include: - Continuous width resizing in snap view - Find anything from anywhere with our new integrated search function - Updated Live-Tiles and support for larger format Bug fixes: - Moon now shows the correct side with respect to the Earth (whooops!) - Star distances are now shown in the data box - On re-install Star Chart now auto detects and enables previous in-app upgrades.