Zipwhip - Text Messaging
NOTE: A Zipwhip account is required to use this product. You can either use a landline, toll-free number, or an Android powered cell phone and mobile number. For Landlines and Toll-Free: Text enabling your existing landline number has finally become a reality! Whether you're interested in text enabling your existing residential or business landline number, it works the same way. When a friend or customer text messages your number, the message shows up Windows 8.1 device or any other Zipwhip applications. Text enabling your landline or toll-free number does not interfere with your existing voice service. For Mobile Numbers with an Android Powered Phone: Zipwhip brings your text messaging (SMS / MMS) to the cloud allowing you to send, receive, and sync texts to your Windows 8.1 device using your existing phone number and text messaging plan. Receive notifications instantly when you receive a text and send to anyone with a mobile phone. Your friends do not have to have the app for this service to work. Simply install the Zipwhip Phone Sync App on your Android phone.More
Average customer rating
You are unable to rate or review as you do not own this product.
Thanks. Your review will post soon.
There was an error posting your review. Please try again later.
i own this app? don't think so
apparently I own this app, never seen it before in my life, why is being listed in my owned apps? and yeah checked the reviews, its subscription, very much not free, please stop cluttering the market with this stuff, that's were android went wrong. we don't need that, we had a decent store last year, what happened?More
Needs work, no longer receiving notification
No contact photos. Sometimes unreliable. Lack of options and settings. Can't easily save attachments, no threaded group messages. Only has access to contacts with which a conversation has already been started.More
Less than optimal!
Finally got it to work somewhat. Some messages go out and some hang up at the Zipwhip server. Problem is, unless you go double check Zipwhip on the Sprint site there is no way to know if your message went out or not. Seems like they pulled a Samsung and rolled a product out that is not ready. I am likely moving toward a more expensive service that will integrate with outlook and offer a more predictable result.More
Does not always work
It crashes even after reset. Then when it is working correctly, you can't delete all. You have to do one at a time. No settings. You must change settings on your phone or you will have every call into your contacts. Including unknown. Its a great concept but needs lots of improvement.More
The pin convo to start is an awesome feature. Sometimes app doesn't load properly on the initial start.More
great app needs a lot of work and updates are completely absent. I sent developer a message they said they shared the ideas with the team and that was three months ago and still haven't seen anythingMore
Great Concept But with dings
I downloaded this app after reading reviews, I used a similar app before with my mytouch but wanted to try a new one with my Galaxy, Installed process went smoothly contacts loaded and then there lies the problem my husband's contact pic is so wrong not even him and no way to change it, I have even went as far as to delete my account and change photo on the phone ,no luck 5 star if this is fixed. if your going to have an Edit button for contacts why not let us fix photos within the contacts as well. JSMore
Give it a chance
So when I installed it, it was easy to think this wasn't going to be a good app. The time it took for everything to sync was pretty long. Like an hour or so. The modern app for Windows 8 just sat there not functioning like an app without any info. There were some interface bugs too. I was about to uninstall but then I decided to wait. Well after about an hour I had forgotten all about it, and then I got a text. I saw it because it was appearing in my modern Zipwhip app! So now it works just as expected! When I get a text it notifies me, appears in both the web and modern apps. With the names of ppl and all. And then when I reply it injects the message right into my phone! Brilliant! All this is done for free, AND with your phone's texting plan. So people, if you are patient and wait for this app to set up and do its thing, you won't be disappointed!More
It does what it says
I found a lot of lag, and going from sleep mode on the computer it requires task manager shut down then restart. Also several outgoing text hung and lost. But it appears to be the best on this market.More
Zipwhip - Text Messaging
- TEXT FROM YOUR DESKTOP. If you use a computer and text like we do you must experience the Zipwhip Windows 8 app. Receiving texts on your tablet or PC extends your favorite way to communicate.
- YOUR EXISTING PHONE NUMBER. All texts sent or received via Zipwhip use your phone number. We believe that your phone number is your identity.
- YOUR FRIENDS/CUSTOMERS DON’T HAVE TO HAVE THE APP. It is text messaging not mobile IM which means 99.9% of all phones in the world will get your messages.
- YOUR TEXTS SYNC’D AND ACCESSIBLE WHEREVER YOU ARE. Whenever you receive a text to your phone number it is sync’d across Zipwhip apps, showing on you Windows 8.1 app.
- CONTACT SYNC. Contacts are synced across all Zipwhip apps. If you modify or create a new contact, all apps are updated.
- SHARE MESSAGES WITH OTHER WINDOWS 8.1 APPS. Select a text message and click the share option to share the message body with other Windows 8.1 apps.
- MESSAGE DELETE SYNC. When you delete a text in the Windows 8.1 app it also deletes the message from across Zipwhip Apps.
- MESSAGE READ SYNC. When you mark a text as read in the Windows 8.1 app is also marks the message as read across all Zipwhip Apps.
- MESSAGE INJECTION INTO SENT MESSAGES. When you send a text from the Windows 8.1 app it shows as sent in your phone’s native messaging app. Mobile numbers only.
- VIEW YOUR MMS (MULTIMEDIA) TEXTS. When you get your first photo popping up in the app you’ll understand the power of cloud texting. Mobile numbers only.
- INTERNATIONAL TEXTING. With Zipwhip you can send texts to anywhere your phone can. If your text messaging plan lets you send to international phone numbers then so do we. Mobile numbers only.
- Approximate size
530.19 KB - 534.42 KBMore
- Age rating
For ages 12 and upMore
- Supported operating systems
Windows 10Windows 8.1Windows 8
- Supported processors
- Supported languages
English (United States)
- Learn more
- Additional terms
Access your Internet connection
- Report this app
1. When the application is pinned, you can now select a conversation and read the messages. 2. Contact editing can now be done in app, rather than on the web. 3. The support windows has also been brought into the app, rather than on the web.