Start with a description, then let a chain of players take turns to draw and describe - but each player can only see the previous step in the game. It won't take long for the original message to get lost in translation and turn into something completely different (and hilarious!). Are you ready for a breakdown in communication? This is the official Windows 8 app of playinterference.com. Sign in with your Microsoft, Twitter or Facebook account, and you'll be able to play on Windows 8, your Windows Phone and at playinterference.com on other computers.More
Average customer rating
You are unable to rate or review as you do not own this game.
Thanks. Your review will post soon.
There was an error posting your review. Please try again later.
1-10 of 166 reviews
I adore this game and its community!
A year ago this month, I was looking through the Windows app store trying to find a fun new game. I chose this one and, a year later, I am still playing it daily! It is basically the old party game Telephone but in visual form, and it is great fun! I am no artist but, over the year I've been playing, my drawing skills have most definitely improved from watching the incredibly talented artists who play. What's even better than a fun game is a great community, and that's what we have at Interference. The game creators work with us on making changes to the game, taking care of troublemakers, etc. One final note--there are people of all ages in this game, so it's great for everyone as long as everyone is respectful of one another.More
I have a love/hate relationship with this game...
I played it for awhile and it worked fine on my Dell Laptop with Windows 8.1. It was difficult for me to draw well with a mouse but it was still fun. The reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because I don't think that the moderators are keeping the gameplay fair and consistent. Also, some of the players seem to be liking each other's drawings and comments just to help each others' status.. helping each other out instead of choosing the obvious best.More
I love Interference! All the people who play it are really friendly, and it is a really fun environment to play in. You don't have to be good at art to play this at all! This quickly became one of my favorite games, and the first that made me laugh out loud. Definitely worth a download and a look. (My name is π'd π'per. Favorite me!) Thanks, Interference team!More
Fun, but room for polish
1) It was a good start, but there are so many things to improve that have not been addressed. Limited colors, limited line thicknesses, no draw tools and glitches around the edges of pictures have all led to games being derailed now and then but, over quite some time, none of that has been addressed. Also the interface could use some refining. 2) The community is weirdly overprotective. First, as another reviewer points out, I've seen people be flagged for things that really didn't look inappropriate for any age. Second, I saw one case where a person made a silly joke about one of the pictures, the person who made the picture didn't even care but a bunch of people jumped on and ranted about how inappropriate it was and made the person apologize multiple times. It was weird. It kind of felt like I was back in elementary school with the principal watching. It's never impacted me directly, but I wish the community was able to joke around a bit more.More
Whether you plan on participating in a game or just scrolling through one, this app is first class entertainment. Oftentimes what may start out as a simple concept gets twisted into an unrecognizable mess in the end, and the results are funny, strange and sometimes even shocking. Sometimes the app takes a while to load and the interface is a little bland (I also wish they had a larger color palette), but those would be the only complaints I have (these things are barely noticeable). There are users on this app that are everyday Picassos and you can become one too, it's just so easy to get the hang of...GET THIS APP.More
Very awesome game!
This game is really fun! Helps if you have a stylus, but you don't need one. Nice, easy fun. Highly recommend. :)More
I've never been as happily involved in a computerized game before. The game is often challenging to play, but challenging in the best way, and you can "skip" a particular game if you feel like it. Depending on the direction a game takes, it can be laughing-out-loud hilarious, or just pretty interesting. It is always interesting to see the different artistic and verbal talents of the players, and to read their (optional) comments on a game. In short, I'm very fond of--shall we say hooked on?--Interference.More
Pretty addictive game. Especially if you are good at drawing. Highly recommended!More
Kudos to the creators!
Most enjoyable game. The evolution of the drawings is amusing. Being a lover of the use of language, I find the play with various interpretations of words stimulating. The players actively interact In the forums allowing a true sense of community. Players range in age from 8-54 which adds a unique dynamic. Kudos to the creators!More
Glad they got rid of the bonus points
I am so HAPPY that they got rid of the bonus points on here! I did not understand why they needed to start bonus points on this game. That was just something to argue about.More
- Take turns to draw and describe, and see how mixed up the message gets
- Don't feel like drawing? Now you can choose to just describe, just draw, or a mixture!
- View galleries of finished games and vote for your favourite drawings and descriptions
- Check the weekly leaderboard to see who made the most popular drawings and descriptions
- No need to be a great artist - join players of all ability levels
- Draw using touch input, a mouse, or both!
Puzzle & triviaMore
- Approximate size
2.25 MB - 2.68 MBMore
- Age rating
For ages 16 and upMore
- Supported processors
- Supported languages
English (United States)
- Learn more
- Additional terms
Access your Internet connection
- Report this game
Minor bugfix for notifications (new notifications are now highlighted correctly)