- News content from the Chicago Tribune. Stay on top of what you need to know with instant access to breaking Chicago news, business and sports - Have more time to read? Delve into Chicago's best coverage of entertainment, health, travel and much more. Want to see what's happening? View award-winning photos from around the city and around the world. - See what you want, when you want The Chicago Tribune Windows 8 app content is divided into sections. But what if you're not interested in Sports or World News? What if you want Business News shown first? Simply pin your favorite section to the start screen. - Take us wherever you go, no connection required Many apps fail when a network isn’t available. The Chicago Tribune for Windows 8 app was designed for people who sometimes go where the signal can’t. While you won’t get the latest news when a connection isn’t available, you will have the most recently downloaded information in the app and all your saved items right there with you. - Great photography ahead. One of the greatest things about the Chicago Tribune is our award-winning photojournalism. This app highlights that work in our custom-built galleries area. You’ll be able to browse photos by section and peek into dozens of collections before launching a slideshow.More
- News content from the Chicago Tribune.
- See what you want, when you want.
- Take us wherever you go, no connection required.
- Great photography ahead.
News & weatherMore
- Approximate size
- Age rating
For ages 12 and upMore
- Supported operating systems
Windows 10Windows 8.1
- Supported processors
x86, x64, ARMMore
- Supported languages
English (United States)
- Learn more
- Additional terms
Access your Internet connection
- Report this app
Thanks for reporting your concern. Our team will review it and, if necessary, take action.Sign in to report this app to Microsoft
Minor bug fixes
Average customer rating
You are unable to rate or review as you do not own this product.
Thanks. Your review will post soon.
There was an error posting your review. Please try again later.
The app has not been sufficiently tested. It fails often. There is no way to share content. Lots of issues.More
Awful, awful, awful.
I expect an electronic version of the paper and I get a chopped up version of stories that I have to scroll around in endlessly. Poorly done.More
Good idea, has issues
While the Tribune app is visually adequate, it loads incredibly slowly. It can take several minutes for the news pages to actually load and/or update. Disappointing, as it actually shows promise if it would load in a reasonable period of time.More
Only Missing a "Night Mode"
The app works great on my new 8" Lenovo Miix 2. It allows me to read articles both in landscape or portrait mode. My only wish was for a setting within the app where I can use a black background with white text for nighttime reading. Other then that, its a fantastic news app if you are in Chicagoans.More
Could be better
Stories load slowly and app hangs frequently. Text is not resizable and font is small which makes readability difficult. It is the only Chicago and NWI news app in the store, so improvements are necessary.More
Content now slow to load after update
Loads annoyingly slow on surface Rt, used to load quicker. Also subsections like news or sports will often freeze and app crashes.a Also you can't play videos. Some sections say they are a video but there isn't anything to play.More
Too good to be true!
This looks great and should be very functional once content is added. That said I expect a news app to have news. Pictures are great but content is king!More
Looks great. However, the actual website has a lot better info.More
This and the LA times app are the same thing, just different content. If the major newspapers are just going to outsource their content to generic app makers, you might as well just grab an RSS aggregator app instead. At least that way you can pull content from multiple places. As it is, there's nothing special or unique about this app other than branding. Also - the content loads very slowly.More