The best and most customizable RSS news reader available for Windows 8. Now supports NewsBlur! Feed Reader is a modern news reader app with a classic list based design. Now with build in Instapaper and Pocket sharing! Quick access buttons like next/prev item, full screen, star/unstar, open in browser, mark as unread and mark a list read are available to quickly select without extra strokes. This is especially great for tablet usage and quickly getting through tons of articles. Full featured ad supported trial available.More
Version number: 126.96.36.199
Watching user feedback and fixing issues as they are asked for, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for requests or questions. thank you! Release 33: • Passwords containing special characters weren't escaped properly, now fixed Release 30: • Improvements in calling NewsBlur Service Release 29: • Added NewsBlur Support to replace Google Reader, you can switch between the 2 until Google Reader is retired Release 27: • Fixed searching from charms bar when app is not launched • Searching via charms bar now shows both unread and read items
- Supports Windows 8 searching, to search through all your read and unread items from the search charm bar.
- Background task which keeps your live tile updated with recent news and unread count.
- You can pin your favorite feeds to your start menu.
- Dark and Light themes supported and selectable through the application settings.
- Full feed management to subscribe/unsubscribe feeds, rename or move feeds to folders.
- Quickly Star/UnStar and mark any thread unread from the main page, no extra clicks to bring up the app bar.
- Easy quick full screen reading from any device including quick next/prev buttons at the bottom when holding a tablet.
- Full offline support, sync your news while online then read while disconnected from the net.
- Expand/Collapse feed folders.
- Many settings available to control auto refresh time, displaying of images in feed list, plus many more.
- Quickly mark all items in a feed as read and the next feed will get automatically selected.
- There a setting to have 'All unread' auto selected when the app starts for users that like to have this list selected when they start.
- Select a default view for feed items from the cached html, live view or one of the mobilizer views (Google, Instapaper or Readability)
- Instapaper and Pocket (formerly Read it Later) sharing built into the app.
- Published by
News & weatherMore
- Approximate download size
- Age rating
For ages 12 and upMore
- Supported operating systems
Windows 10Windows 8.1
- Supported processors
x86, x64, ARMMore
- Supported languages
English (United States)
- Get more info
- Additional terms
Access your Internet connection
- Report this app
Thanks for reporting your concern. Our team will review it and, if necessary, take action.Sign in to report this app to Microsoft
Average customer rating
You are unable to rate or review as you do not own this product.
Thanks. Your review will post soon.
There was an error posting your review. Please try again later.
Used to be the best reader app I've tried
Update: Like others, I've found that News Blur doesn't work. Until it does, this app is just taking up space. I've finally found a reader app for my surface that I can use. Minus one star because I shouldn't be required to have a Google Reader account to read RSS feeds, but given the other features of this program I can live with that. And at least this app doesn't call itself an RSS reader and then require a Google apps account.More
I've been happily using Feed Reader on Windows Phone for a long time, so when it came out for Windows 8 I bought it without even trying the trial. The Windows 8 version works really well, although a few things do feel a bit 1.0-ish. Like everybody else, there was an initial issue with NewBlur sign-in, but it has been fixed for a while now and all is running smoothly. Thanks SammyJ!More
NewsBlur NOT Working
Love(d) this app; I've been using ever since it came out. I've stopped since NewsBlur login fails. As indicated by other users, my password and username are correct, but I am still given an error. Please fix this issue.More
Can't Log In to Newsblur
This app says it now supports Newsblur, but I was unable to log into my account using it. I am absolutely sure my username and password were correct, and I checked by logging into the Newsblur website, but this app claimed that there was something wrong with my username/password.More
Solid feed reader
I constantly use Feed Reader on my Windows Phone, very glad to see it on the Windows Store. More than happy to pay for it to use on my Surface! Only thing I'd like to see fixed on this is smoother scrolling of articles in the feed list. Seems a little jerky at times when using touch to scroll the feed list.More
Great Interface, Poor Syncing
In my experience, of the feed readers that sync with Google Reader, this has the most complete feature set and the best interface. However, the syncing in online mode is does not always sync as much as it should, and I found offline mode to be too unreliable to use. I haven't found a feed reader with sufficient features and a better offline mode, so I still use this.More
My number-one choice for RSS reader
When I moved to Windows 8, I wanted an RSS feed reader. I have been a satisfied user of Feed Reader on my Windows Phone, so naturally I downloaded the trial version of Feed Reader from the Windows Store. Good decision: After using it for a few days, I happily forked over the price of the app. It leverages the power of the Windows 8 UI and works well in both landscape and portrait mode. The developer is responsive and continues to improve the app. Definitely the best RSS reader available!More
I don't typically post a negative, but this reader fails on multiple levels... if you are using a surface, your best option is to access your res via IE. Recommended no buy on this app. One of the reasons I did buy was that the app received relatively high scores...I think I need to help bring these down a notch...More
Quality Google Reader and one of the better Windows 8 in general. Loads fast, very stable and can handle a boat load of RSS feeds.More
Great RSS Manager with Google Reader integration.
This was the first Windows Phone app I bought and now is the first Windows 8 app I purchased. It is a great application if you use google reader to manage your feeds, and works great on Surface in portrait and landscape mode. It needs a little polish on how the feeds refresh, since sometimes it hangs the application, but I know from experience in Windows Phone that the developer(s) is very responsive and provides updates often, so I know this problem is going to be taken care of.More