OverDrive - Library eBooks & Audiobooks
Borrow eBooks, audiobooks, and streaming video from your library using OverDrive on your Windows 8 device. More than 30,000 libraries worldwide offer titles from OverDrive, so download the app and find your next book today! * Available 24/7, now the library comes to you. * No more late fees. Titles are automatically returned. * Place holds, create wish lists, and return titles easily. * Sync libraries, bookmarks, and recent positions across mobile devices. * A valid account with a participating library, school, or other institution is required. * Each library builds its own collection of titles. Contact them directly to let them know that you’re using OverDrive and to share any suggestions for books you would like to see them carry.More
Version number: Varies by device
What's New * Minor bug fixes
- A full-featured eReader and audiobook player. One app, thousands of eBooks and audiobooks.
- Search by library name, postal code or city name to add a website link to open in web browser to borrow eBooks and audiobooks from your digital library.
- Sync most recent position, bookmarks and website links across multiple Android, iOS, and Windows 8 devices.
- Customize your reading experience by changing font size, margin, contrast and more to suit your style.
- Add bookmarks for any title. Look up word definitions in eBook reader.
- Change audiobook playback speed from 1/2 speed (.5x) to double speed (2x). Add a sleep timer from 15 to 90 minutes.
- Pin title to the Windows Start screen for instant access to your eBook and audiobook.
- Published by
Books & referenceMore
- Approximate download size
1.84 MB - 2.01 MBMore
- Age rating
For ages 12 and upMore
- Supported operating systems
Windows 10Windows 8.1
- Supported processors
x86, x64, ARMMore
- Supported languages
English (United States)
- Get more info
- Additional terms
Access your Internet connectionAccess your home or work networksUse your music library
- Report this app
Thanks for reporting your concern. Our team will review it and, if necessary, take action.Sign in to report this app to Microsoft
OverDrive - Library eBooks & Audiobooks
Average customer rating
You are unable to rate or review as you do not own this product.
Thanks. Your review will post soon.
There was an error posting your review. Please try again later.
OverDrive is awesome
Easy to use and directions are very good with one exception. I wasted a lot of time before I discovered by accident that right clicking on a book's title on the Book Shelf presents all sorts of useful functions including Transfer. I almost gave up trying to figure out how to transfer from Book Shelf to my iPod nano when a simple direction such as "right click on your book icon" would have been so easy for the programmers to include. Odds are, I overlooked that direction somewhere so for folks like me, it would be nice to have this direction on the Book Shelf page.More
Not nearly as useful as the old OverDrive for Windows
1. As others have noted, only the first part of an audiobook ever auto-downloads properly; for everything else, you get a bunch of errors and have to download one part at a time later. 2. There's no volume control in the app, as far as I've been able to find. 3. It won't let you choose where to place the files it downloads. 4. Despite the Transfer button, there's no transfer capability in this app -- it just tells you to download OverDrive for Windows (which crashes whenever I try to play an audiobook, now that I've installed the app). I've actually been reduced to downloading audiobooks with the old OverDrive for Windows program and then making a VLC playlist of the files in order to listen to them, which is a kludge solution at best. Very disappointed, OverDrive!More
A great app!
What's not to like. It is easy and efficient,. An excellent reader!More
Great except on Windows 10
I generally love this app, but have some issues with it on my Windows 10 laptop where I sometimes can't access the last couple of lines for a page unless I change fonts back and forth. Sometimes the font starts out fine and gets larger and larger as the chapter progresses. I have used this on Android and Apple devices with no issues, but the Windows version definitely needs work.More
I enjoy it!
It's helpful. Since I'm a disabled senior citizen, this gives me an opportunity to "go to the library and check out some books" so I can expand my daydreams. I live in Buffalo, NY, so anything that helps me stay out of iffy weather is a plus. So far, I've had no problems. However, things are new--I truly miss Windows 7 as it was easier for this Old Bat to use--and new things hiccup every once in a while. ;)More
Great for audiobooks
This app makes it easy to browse, download and listen to audiobooks from the library.More
Very easy to use. I listen when I commute, helps when you're sitting in traffic. I read or listen to way more books now that I use overdrive.More
I use this app daily at work and in my car to listen to audio books. It's easy to navigate which is nice, especially when you're on the go.More
Public Library Access
I've used this App for years to gain access to my public library system in order to reserve and check eBooks out for my reading pleasure. It has always accomplished the desired function although sometimes I feel that connecting to so many different library web sites makes it's response a little spastic sometimes. But it has worked for both my Windows 10 Laptop and Windows 10 Phone as it did clear back with Windows 7 and 8.More
Handy to have!
Its handy to have. you can take out books/ audiobooks and not have to pay for them. Then when you are finished you can return the book easily. much better than buying books and or audiobooks! cheers Megan :-)More