Play, Look and Listen: Podcasts
Play, Look and Listen is a cross-platform audio and video podcast player that can optionally sync across all of your devices. Enjoy part of your podcast playlist or parts of episodes on one device such as your PC or Windows Phone and pick up right where you left off on another device such as your tablet, Android device, iPhone or iPadMore
Version number: 18.104.22.168
- Resolved an issue with older episodes unexpectedly reappearing. - Resolved an issue with newly added subscriptions disappearing under certain circumstances.
- Automatically creates bookmarks for unfinished episodes. Bookmarks roam with you across devices when using a cloud storage service.
- Supports Facebook for optionally automatically sharing what you're listening to/watching.
- Play back previously downloaded episodes when no network connection is available. Changes are automatically synchronized when you are connected to a network.
- Supports 'snapped' mode for both audio and video playback.
- Supports 'PlayTo' for playing the audio or video on a supported device.
- Optionally have new episodes download automatically, even when Play, Look and Listen isn't running.
- Optional lock screen notification of the number of unplayed episodes.
- Search for podcasts or directly add your own using a link.
- Pin your favorite subscriptions to the Start screen for quick notification of new episodes.
- Supports Windows 8 background audio. Audio podcasts will continue to play while you are working in other applications.
- Support for Windows 8 media controls. Control playback from the Windows 8 volume interface.
- Set volume and playback rate independently for audio and video podcasts.
- Published by
Apocalypse Interrupted LLCMore
- Approximate download size
866.09 KB - 866.34 KBMore
- Age rating
For ages 12 and upMore
- Supported operating systems
Windows 10Windows 8.1
- Supported processors
- Supported languages
English (United States)
- Get more info
- Additional terms
Access your Internet connection
- Report this app
Thanks for reporting your concern. Our team will review it and, if necessary, take action.Sign in to report this app to Microsoft
Play, Look and Listen: Podcasts
Average customer rating
You are unable to rate or review as you do not own this product.
Thanks. Your review will post soon.
There was an error posting your review. Please try again later.
Found a Windows podcast app that works offline!
I've been looking and trying different apps for weeks. This is the only free one I've found that actually works to download my podcasts automatically and let me listen to them while offline. I did have an issue with one subscription, but the support team spent significant time attempting to reproduce it and they were able to figure it out so the issue is now resolved. I was about to develop my own app when I found this one. Great job and keep up the improvements!More
Horrible Name...Room To Improve
Having used pretty much every podcasting app on the Windows Store this one has the most features and most reliable performance. In saying that though there is a lot of room for improvement. Sometimes the app glitches out and loses my position in the podcast, syncing is spotty, but lately has worked well. I love the fact that you can choose variable playback and the UI while not perfect, is much better than some of the other apps I tried. UPDATE- It deleted my feeds once before, but I just assumed it was a glitch. It did it again though and I am done using the app. It still has potential, but for now I don't trust it.More
needs tons of work
Interface is incredibly clunky and counterintuitive. Sync relies on skydrive or dropbox, won't use built in roaming storage that apps are supposed to use. And sync doesn't actually work any way.More
very poor app
this app is erratic and unreliable. Episodes are supposedly downed and ready for play. Often they are not. There doesn't seems away to delete past episodes and there doesn't seem to be a way to edit playlists. Stick with I tunes.More
Sadly, the best Windows RT Podcatcher
First, this program simply does not sync with Google reader. Yes, it downloads new episodes, but it doesn't check ever again to see if they've been marked read by another device. What makes this app totally useless, though, is that can't play in the background. You have to keep the Surface screen on and the app on screen, making it useless.More
Could be the best
Hands down the most functional app on Windows 8. Will get more stars after he fixes the playback issues that happen while downloading episodes. Its skips badly when ever another podcast is downloading at the same time. Also either need to tone down the ads, for instance the ad on the snap screen takes up half the space or even better, come out with a paid option with no ads at all. They are very annoying.More
Seems to work rather well. I LOVE the concept here, being able to sync my subscriptions across devices using my existing Google reader account. That said, there are a few minor issues here and there. I couldn't figure out how to pause video while full screen. Managing subscriptions works, but wasn't entirely intuitive. Other than that, this app has some serious potential!More
podcast can word under the background
this app can work under the background, you don't need to open it on your screen every time Highly recommend itMore