The News Tribune
The News Tribune’s new app delivers real-time breaking news and content specifically formatted for your Windows 8 device. Stay on top of the latest developments in Tacoma, WA with stories, blogs, photos and more.More
- Expert coverage of news, sports, and weather.
- Investigative reporting and in-depth stories on local events, features, personality pieces, and entertainment news.
- Local business and economic news.
- Community news from Tacoma, WA neighborhoods and surrounding counties
- The Daily Magazine, special interest stories from our network of newspapers.
- Highlights include Nation, World and Political coverage, as well as the best journalism from McClatchy Newspapers.
- Published by
The McClatchy CompanyMore
News & weatherMore
- Approximate download size
- Age rating
For ages 12 and upMore
- Supported operating systems
Windows 10Windows 8.1
- Supported processors
x86, x64, ARMMore
- Supported languages
English (United States)
- Get more info
- Additional terms
Access your Internet connection
- Report this app
Thanks for reporting your concern. Our team will review it and, if necessary, take action.Sign in to report this app to Microsoft
The News Tribune
Average customer rating
You are unable to rate or review as you do not own this product.
Thanks. Your review will post soon.
There was an error posting your review. Please try again later.
A newspaper app that rarely updates
The layout of this app- news in tiles- is odd, but I was able to overlook that because of its good use of photographs. Pictures are usually large and quite good. All of that is for naught however because I've found this app will go days at a time without ever updating. I know the TNT is published daily, but this app is more like something from a weekly newspaper given how infrequently is sometimes updates. No amount of hitting "refresh" or starting and stopping the app seems to trigger updates. This is bad behavior for even a free news app and it really deserves just one star. I gave it two because the use of photos is really good (when it works).More
pretty app, easy to use
The News Tribune reader works with a mouse, but is really nice with a touch screen. I hope to see future updates with more options to customize, but even as is the interface is clean and smooth. I'd also love to see the Seattle papers follow TNT's lead and create Win8 apps.More