WinZip for Windows 8
Now with an extended 15-day free trial and an annual subscription for just $7.99, WinZip for Windows 8 delivers the power of WinZip in an easy-to-use, modern app. Get more power, more sharing options and more ease of use than ever with the muscle needed to safely handle large files on the go. With this new release, open 26 compressed file formats including .zip, 7z, RAR, .zipx, and many more, and save to .zip or .zipx file formats. Zip files and folders for faster, easier sharing. Zip, unzip and share in the cloud with new support for world-leading Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, SkyDrive and European CloudMe cloud storage services. Password-protect important info before uploading to the cloud or sharing thanks to military-grade encryption. Squeeze files even more, including JPGs, with the exclusive .zipx compression format. With the strength of the world’s #1 Zip utility at your fingertips, and deep integration with your social accounts and cloud drives, WinZip makes it easy to securely share files from anywhere. Use WinZip to get oversized files or entire folders out to friends, contacts and followers through email, as well as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter, thanks to direct connection to ZipShare file sharing services. Whether you are emailing, sharing online or storing files on your system, WinZip helps keep them safe and makes them easier to transfer. Out to lunch, but your boss wants that report ASAP? With a modern touch-friendly design, WinZip makes sending large files on Windows 8, tablets and PCs effortless. Much more than a simple ‘unzip’ app, WinZip for Windows 8 delivers the same zip technology as the desktop version of WinZip, but in a simple, easy-to-use package. Over a billion downloads to date proves users can count on WinZip to protect, store and share their important files.More
Version number: 126.96.36.199
Key new features included in this update are: - Bug fixes.
- Open .zip, RAR, 7z .zipx and now also 22 more formats including .gz, .bz, .ISO, .CAB, .B64, .BHX, .BZ, .BZ2, .CAB, .HQX, .LHA and .LHZ, .MIM, .TAZ, .TBZ, .TBZ2 .TGZ, .TZ, .UU, .UUE .XXE and .Z
- Save to .zip and .zipx formats
- Secure confidential files from prying eyes, whether they are sent by email, shared online or stored on your system, with WinZip’s military-grade encryption
- Easily send large files by email by zipping your attachments first or by using the integrated ZipShare file delivery service
- Interact seamlessly with your DropBox, Google Drive, Box and SkyDrive cloud services. Easily upload or download files, zip and encrypt before posting, and share links to files from your own email
- Securely share any type of file and rich content on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter using seamless integration with ZipShare
- Use the Windows 8 or 8.1 ‘Share’ charm to deliver zipped files to your contacts through email, social media or other apps
- Experience super easy-to-use Windows 8-style interface with touch-friendly features
- Securely send files to mobile devices with WinZip’s password protection
- Compress large files, entire folders or archives for faster transfer and to save space on your system
- Optimized user interface displays content more quickly for very large zip files containing hundreds of files
- Customize your WinZip experience by uploading any image to the program to use as background
- Full Support the Windows 8.1 operating system
- Published by
- Approximate download size
2.42 MB - 2.77 MBMore
- In-app purchases
- Age rating
For ages 6 and upMore
- Supported operating systems
- Supported processors
x86, ARM, x64More
- Supported languages
English (United States)
- Get more info
- Additional terms
Access your Internet connection
- Report this app
Thanks for reporting your concern. Our team will review it and, if necessary, take action.Sign in to report this app to Microsoft
WinZip for Windows 8
Average customer rating
You are unable to rate or review as you do not own this product.
Thanks. Your review will post soon.
There was an error posting your review. Please try again later.
Seriously? A Subscription on WINZIP?!
This is the sort of un-user friendly, price gouging nonsense...uggg I can't even. How is this not a basic feature of Windows? This should have been a basic feature of windows for the last DECADE. It's bad enough we've had to get stand alone programs for doing what should be a simple right-click task.. but now you want 8 bucks a YEAR for this horrible program? Um... no... just no. Not happening.More
This is awful!
I paid for a subscription, when I try to unzip something it wants a registration code, and I can't get the files onto this stupid interface. You've got to be kidding. Once again Microsoft gets involved and screws uo a great programMore
Deliberately ruined interface
WinZip has a long history of being an acceptable, if not great, unzipping program. Now drag-&-drop has been yanked in favor of selecting the files you want to extract and then waiting forever while it doesn't extract them.More
Zipping a file should be a simple right click/send to/ zip file. Not open an app, dump the file in, and figure out exactly where the zipped file landed so you can drag and drop it into the parent folder. Stupid set up centered on "oooh look at our product" rather than ease of use. Should be included with Windows 10... I know this whole app thing is to make mo' money, but nickel and diming your users will definitely lose you customers. This set up is dumb from start to finish... I'll find something else.More
Windows did an automatic update and now winzip is missing. I searched in the Windows store and what do I see, but a message saying there is a subscription fee after 14 days. I sure hope I don't have to dispute an unauthorized charge in two weeks!!!!! No wonder Microsoft is losing market share and trust!!!More
How do I find the file?
It only shows the file in the app, and forces me to "share" through the app, so I can't attach a file to an e-mail. Why do you think I am zipping a file in the first place?!?!?More
The once-mighty WinZip has fallen. Subscription? Seriously? The interface sucks - nothing good to say about this version.More
Forcing me to buy
Forcing me to buy the full version. In a way deceitful. User might go on clicking next next (similar to what we do for so many installations) and end up actually buying this.More
difficult to uninstall, never used
cannot uninstall because it does not appear in installed programs, pc was upgraded from win 7 to win 8.1 and cannot remove this program, also cannot change file associations back to standard windows explorer.More
Totally a useless program now
How did WinZip fall so far? I can only access zip files from this horrid interface and share through their horrid sharing app? Who would use this?More