Know someone who might be interested in this training?
Get Started with Power BI Desktop
Power BI enables everyone at every level of your organization to make confident decisions using analytics. Power BI consists of several elements that all work together, starting with these three basics:
- Power BI Desktop – for creating rich, interactive reports with visual analytics at your fingertips—for free.
- Power BI service - for collaborating on reports with colleagues and sharing the reports and insights—on the web, in apps, or using Microsoft Teams.
- Power BI mobile- for work on the go—available on Android and iOS devices.
This training introduces the Power BI Desktop, a complete data analysis and report creation tool that is used to connect to, transform, visualize, and analyze your data. Most users who work on business intelligence projects use Power BI Desktop to create reports, and then use the Power BI service to share their reports with others. With Power BI Desktop, you can go from data to insight to action with hundreds of data visualizations, built-in AI capabilities, a tight Excel integration and prebuilt and custom data connectors to develop rich and interactive reports to share with colleagues.
In this training you will:
• Understand the building blocks of Power BI Desktop
• Explore the data prep capabilities of Power Query
• Write formulas and model your data
• Begin visualizing data and formatting a report
• Save and publish a report to the Power BI service
Power BI enables everyone at every level of your organization to make confident decisions using analytics. For those interested in learning how to how to view and interact with content created in Power BI, register for the training Get Started with Power BI service.
Register for this training today!
- Upon registering, you will receive a confirmation via e-mail with a link to join the session. If you don’t receive the confirmation email, please check your junk folder.
- To optimize the experience of this training, please use Edge or Chrome Internet browsers to join the Teams live event.