Taking a trip this summer? If you’re packing your Fire with reading materials, don’t forget to also download the Microsoft Translator app and you’ll be carrying along your own personal translator in the same device.
You can download the app for free from the Amazon Underground app store. You can also use Amazon Underground for Android to download Microsoft Translator to you Android device.
Microsoft Translator has been available for translating passages of Kindle eBooks since 2012. Now, with the new Microsoft Translator app you can also use your Amazon Fire to translate the world around you.
Microsoft Translator translates text, pictures and even your conversations! It has a variety of features to help make your travels easier.
- Get prepared for your trip by saving some phrases ahead of time that you know you’ll need later on—“Where is the taxi stand?”, “Can you drive me to (hotel name)” “How much does this cost?”…
- Before you leave, download language packs so that you’ll be able to translate images and text during your trip even without an Internet connection.
- Once you’ve reached your destination, you’ll be able to respond to something you didn’t plan for ahead of time by getting quick translations. Simply type or paste text, or even speak* into your device.
- Translate images like street signs, headlines and menus without typing in the text. Just quickly snap a picture directly from the app and translate it in an instant. This also works with any picture you get from email, social media, texting, etc.
- If you have access to the Internet, you can use the conversation feature to engage in natural conversations with locals—ask them about their favorite restaurants, cafes, and places to see.
In case you don’t have a Fire tablet, we are also releasing the newest version of the Microsoft Translator app for Android with optimization for the Android tablet form factor.
Using an iPad? Don’t worry. The Microsoft Translator app for iOS has also been updated and is now also optimized for iPad!
Whether you are using your iPhone or iPad, your Android phone or tablet, or the brand new app for Amazon Fire, the Microsoft Translator app can help you get translations whenever and wherever you need them. Bon Voyage!
for Amazon Fire
* Speech translations require an active Internet connection