MPN 101: Get support for attaining your first cloud competency
by Rami Noujaim, Sr. Manager for Microsoft Partner Technical Services and Chinmayi Bhavanishankar, US Partner Experience Lead
Customers are moving to the cloud, and they want an expert to help them do it. You can establish your expertise by earning a cloud performance competency in the Microsoft Partner Network. Partners that earn these competencies receive benefits that include unlimited cloud-specific technical support, eligibility to earn incentives, and software for internal use to run your business.
The Microsoft Partner Network offers five performance-based cloud competencies. If you’re ready to make the commitment to attaining one of these competencies, support from the Microsoft Cloud Enablement Desk can help you achieve your cloud competency goal.
Through the Cloud Enablement Desk, you have access to a Cloud Program Specialist for up to six months. The Cloud Program Specialist will guide you through the steps required to achieve a cloud competency, and provide you with the technical and business resources and tools to help you along the way.
Choose the cloud competency that best aligns with your business
- Cloud Customer Relationship Management for premiere industry providers of Dynamics CRM Online, marketing, social engagement, and Parature
- Cloud Productivity for partners selling and deploying Office 365 cloud and hybrid solutions to enterprise customers
- Cloud Platform for partners delivering infrastructure (IaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS) solutions built on Microsoft Azure
- Enterprise Mobility Management for partners with expertise in delivering powerful, secure mobility management solutions with Enterprise Mobility + Security
- Small Midmarket Cloud Solutions for partners that sell and deploy Office 365 solutions to small and midsized business customers
Cloud Enablement Desk requirements
If you’re interested in working with the Cloud Enablement Desk, you can nominate your company for consideration.
- You must be an active member of the Microsoft Partner Network with an MPN ID
- You must agree to sign the Conditions of Satisfaction that state you are actively working to achieve a Cloud Competency status
- You must provide the name of the primary contact person
To nominate your company, complete the online form. You will get a response within seven (7) business days.
Cloud Enablement Desk Partner Success Story
Chris Tran, a Practice Director for Microsoft Partner, Zunesis Inc., shares his Cloud Enablement Desk experience, including the account management services provided by his Cloud Program Specialist, Roxana Rodriguez.
“As a veteran with nearly two decades in the Microsoft ecosystem, both working for Microsoft and for Microsoft partners, having been provided a resource in Roxana Rodriguez has been the difference maker in the way we both shape our Microsoft Cloud strategy, and our ability to go to market quickly and effectively. Her expertise and guidance, shared best practices, quick response, and positive demeanor have made it that much easier to accelerate our business in a meaningful way.
Microsoft Cloud Enablement Desk, and the assets on the team, have allowed us greater adhesion to the Microsoft cloud strategy, and have made it easier for partners to transition to the cloud by way of resources, guidance, and education. In the vast Microsoft universe, the challenge has less to do with locating content, as there is never a shortage of resources, and more to do with finding resources relevant to our own objectives.
Roxana has simplified this process, helping to navigate the complex ecosystem, providing us with resources that directly correspond with our growth goals. Having Roxana available to us as part of our virtual team, allows us to deepen our Microsoft commitment to driving value centric Microsoft cloud solutions.”