Open Source Solutions (OSS) March Updates – What you need to know
Microsoft SQL Server 2017 became generally available in October 2017. This particular release was noteworthy as it brought the world’s leading database to Linux, following the May 2016 announcement. The vision of SQL on Linux follows our mission statement. At Microsoft we want to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. In this case that means providing our customers, partners, and developers with the flexibility to take advantage of the SQL Server regardless of their OS choice.
To get a more in-depth overview and update on the SQL on Linux release, please join us on Friday, March 23 at 1 pm Eastern Time for our community call.
Microsoft Data & Artificial Intelligence (AI) seller and technical readiness training series
Ready, Set, Accelerate – Please join us to fast track sales and technical skills across SQL Server, Microsoft Azure Data Services, and the latest innovations around OSS technologies. We are pleased to announce this Data & AI seller and technical readiness series coming to a city near you. Field, partner sellers, and technical roles will experience:
One full day of seller readiness
- Level 100-200 training spanning the Data & AI portfolio
- The latest and greatest bill of materials alongside customer target lists to enable you to capitalize on the opportunity and hit the ground running
- Access to Product Managers from our Corporate teams
- Access to the Product Marketing teams to support you with customer issues and resources/help needed
- Level 300+ content from our corporate engineers
- The latest hands on labs spanning Azure Database (MySQL, PostgreSQL), CosmosDB, Big Data, and Analytics
- Note: This is especially timely with the upcoming launch of SQL Managed Instance, Azure Database for MySQL, and PostgreSQL
- Access to corporate engineering teams for flagging concerns and help needed
The time is now to capitalize on the growing Data & AI opportunity in the U.S as 70% of new, in-house apps will be built using OSS DBs, and companies that embrace digital transformation with the cloud and Data & AI nearly double their operating margin.
Please note, this event is invitation-only, and is offered exclusively to organizations that are part of the Microsoft Partner Network and Microsoft employees. There are no costs charged to attend this event, however, attendees are responsible for making their own travel arrangements and covering those costs.
Join the OSS Technical Community
Connect to the community through the monthly calls, blog series, and Yammer group. Your feedback is important to us and we look forward to collaborating with you on the direction of the community.
Sign up for the March 23 partner call and use our resources below: