Improvements and innovations headed to Azure Government
Raj Kambalapalli, Partner Technology Strategist
At Build 2018, Microsoft shared innovation coming to Microsoft Azure—across Microsoft Azure Stack, data and analytics solutions, IoT, and others. Partners focused on the public sector industry can expect the following innovations to be available in Microsoft Azure Government over time, as services become generally available throughout the year.
Microsoft Azure Stack and Microsoft Azure IoT Hub
- Microsoft Azure Stack unlocks hybrid cloud scenarios for government partners
- In disconnected scenarios when you can’t bring your data to the cloud, Microsoft Azure Stack extends the Microsoft Azure application platform and brings the power of Microsoft Azure cloud services to your data, enabling the intelligent edge. In mid-2018, Microsoft Azure Stack will integrate with the Microsoft Azure Government cloud, building connections to Microsoft Azure Government identity, subscription, registration, billing, backup/DR, and Microsoft Azure Marketplace.
- Microsoft Azure IoT Hub: Unlocking IoT from the intelligent cloud to the intelligent edge
- Automatic device management enables customers to specify configurations or deployments once, and then have IoT Hub automatically manage devices as they are added to IoT Hub—perfect for handling the complexities of deploying and monitoring device updates at scale.
- Module twins allow fine-grained management for applications on devices, or even modules within an application, such as an IoT Edge deployment.
Data and analytics solutions
- Microsoft Azure Cosmos DB updates: With new multi-master, global scale capabilities designed to support both the cloud and the edge mean you get on-premises and IoT devices as regions, increased security through the general availability of VNET, and general availability of Bulk Executor library, delivering a 10x improvement in write throughput and importing over a terabyte of data in under an hour. These updates are currently in preview in Microsoft Azure.
- Microsoft Azure SQL Data Warehouse updates: To help organizations derive fast insights from exponentially growing data, we announced a new performance-optimized tier to dramatically accelerate query performance and concurrency for our customers. These updates are currently available in Microsoft Azure Government.
You can find additional details about Microsoft Azure Government-related announcements at Microsoft Build 2018 developer conference on Azure Government blog.
Azure Government Community call
Excited about what we’ve announced? Want to hear more? Register for the Azure Government Community call on Thursday, June 14 at 10 a.m. PT. We’ll talk about Microsoft Azure Stack—including integration with Microsoft Azure Government—in a conversational dialogue.