Partner Solution Brief: Meylah integrating tech with tourism and bolstering economies
Microsoft Partner Solution Briefs are an ongoing series aimed at helping you, our partners, learn from one another with real-world examples. The brief provides a quick overview with context on business challenges, real examples of partner solutions, and the outcomes.
Meylah is a US-based cloud service provider and Microsoft Gold Partner bringing smart tourism solutions to local economies, benefitting merchants and tourists alike. As travelers have readily adopted the rapid technological advancement of the 21st century, ease of planning and instant connectivity have become the expectation. But minimal or nonexistent online presence from merchants and outdated technological infrastructure threatened the revenue potential of the lucrative tourism industry.
The idea was sparked at Microsoft Inspire 2017, and Meylah utilized Microsoft’s IoT Solution Accelerator Program to bring smart tourism to local businesses and economies that might otherwise lack the resources to keep up with the increasingly digital world of travel business:
- Aimed to put “the tourist at the center of the experience,” according to co-founder and CMO Chaitra Vedullapalli
- As a collaboration between Meylah, Microsoft, HPE, Bosch, and several other companies, implemented fully and IoT-enabled infrastructure, including smart WiFi, an itinerary builder, parking meters, smart cameras, retail endpoints, kiosks, and more in the Grays Harbor region of Washington state
- Merchants are provided access to marketing data, tools, and real-time insights through Microsoft Power BI
Meylah recognized that smart tourism is the next evolution that will bring this wave of revenue and business opportunities even to less developed cities, and is seeing their success come to life:
- Solved digital access challenges for both merchants and tourists
- Drove economic prosperity and job creation in a local community, and can be replicated in other popular destinations
- Meylah is now in discussions with 14 other popular destination organizations in several countries, including heritage cities in India such as Agra and Amarvati
Want to see how you can innovate high-tech solutions to benefit entire industries like Meylah? Read the full case study.