Community call: Hear updates on Microsoft 365 Security and Compliance SKUs
This month’s community call will feature guest speaker Phil West, National Director of Devices & Security for Regulated Industries. Phil will cover what the new changes are and the value the new SKUs bring to our partners during the call on Tuesday, February 19 at 10 a.m. PT.
Microsoft is dedicated to the mission and vision that security and compliance are critical for partners and customers. We’ve made tremendous progress with security and compliance solutions, such as Microsoft Threat Protection (MTP) and Azure Information Protection. We have also heard the requests from our valued partners and customers for the need to have SKUs that are aligned with buyers who have a focused need for the security workloads in Microsoft 365.
Given customer demand, E5 product advancements, and your feedback, we’re pleased to share improvements to Microsoft 365 E5 that went into effect at the beginning of this month. The new SKUs can be sold by our partners that create and deploy security solutions based on M365 security features and higher value E5 components to help move customers to the full Microsoft 365 E5 suite.
- A new Security SKU, Identity & Threat Protection ($12), that unifies our security value across Office 365, Windows and EMS
- A new Compliance SKU, Information Protection & Compliance ($10), that unifies our compliance value across Office 365 and EMS
- Merging the current Office 365 ATP value with Threat Intelligence and renaming it Office 365 ATP Plan 2 ($5)
- Retiring the Office 365 Cloud App Security standalone offering to simplify E5, as the value is now included in the Microsoft Cloud App Security E5 service
- Adding MyAnalytics to all Microsoft 365 and Office 365 Suites to drive end-user engagement and usage
No existing SKUs are being removed, so deals in process will not be affected. These new SKUs are on the preview price list as of January 1 and available for purchase as of February 1. More information is available here.
We’ll continue to lead with Microsoft 365 E5 as the hero offer and you now have E5 SKUs aligned to key buyers, which will help grow the E5 business. Even if a customer is not ready for the full Microsoft 365 E5 suite, given the momentum we have moving customers to Microsoft 365 E3, we expect many customers will buy Microsoft E3 + Identity & Threat Protection to ensure their security needs are met.
Ready to learn more? Join the community call, “New Microsoft 365 Security and Compliance SKUs,” on Tuesday, February 19 at 10 a.m. PT to here all the details and get your questions answered. Register today to save your spot!
Modern Workplace Technical Community