Learn what’s new with Open Source Solutions on our February community call
Microsoft’s Open Source business is strong! About half of our VM images are now running Linux and many of our Azure Marketplace solutions are based on Open Source.
Microsoft’s strategy on Open Source is executed through four broad motions.
- Enable. Enable an open and flexible platform that meets you where you are and adds value to your existing investments.
- Integrate. Integrates Open Source technologies into our Cloud Platform
- Release. Release our technologies into the Open Source community
- Contribute. Contribute to the Open Source ecosystem
The Journey to the Cloud
Open Source solutions are a critical technology in our customers’ journey to the cloud. We call these “Hero Solutions Enabled by Open Source” and they map well to the 5 Rs in the Journey to the cloud.
Azure Hero Solutions Enabled by Open Source
- Lift and Shift to Azure (Rehost) – extend migrations to include Linux applications and infrastructure
- Modernize Applications Through Containers (Refactor) – Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) and Docker, DCOS, OpenShift and PCF
- Champion Azure as a great platform for DevOps (Rearchitect/Rebuild) – meet customers where they are and guide their path to DevOps on Azure with open source tooling and/or VSTS
- Enable Data Modernization to Azure with: SQL Server on Linux, OSS Data to Azure PaaS (MySQL + Postgres + Maria DB in Azure, CosmosDB)
- Deliver Cloud Scale Analytics Services on Azure with Azure DataBricks
Over the next few months we will be diving deep into each of the Azure Hero Solution areas and providing you with assets to accelerate your solution development.
Microsoft’s Open Source focus has unleashed a massive opportunity to our partner ecosystem. Whether you are an ISV, MSP or SI, Open Source will grow your business. Attend our community call on February 22 at 10 am PT to learn more. Check out this Inspire session on how Open Source Helped Cardinal Solutions/Insight grow their business.