Is your customer right for WVD? Take these 4 steps to price an offer and decide.
Picture this: You just finished talking with a customer who has a growing marketing agency. The company is ready for a hardware refresh. But they’re also looking for solutions to better support their modern workforce who works from the office, the field, and from home. The owner is concerned about security and wants to make sure sensitive client information is protected. Given the customer’s needs, you want to suggest Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD). Before you make your recommendation, you need a clear picture of costs and pricing to make sure it’s the right fit. Where do you start?
- Understand customer requirements
- Estimate costs with the solution configurator
- Take advantage of discounts and incentives
- Create a fixed price package for your customer
Understand customer requirements
Meet with your customer and gather information about who will be using WVD. Ask about the activities that require the use of a computer. For instance, how many employees primarily focus on data entry? How many spend most of their time working in Office apps like Word and Excel? Do they use graphics intensive apps like Adobe Photoshop?
Estimate costs with the solution configurator
With this information you’re ready to use the WVD Solution Configurator.* Use this tool to estimate Azure compute, storage and networking costs. Experiment with it to see how different variables, like Windows 10 single session vs multi session deployment, affect cost. Watch ‘Customer Targeting for WVD’ starting at 23:25 for a step-by-step walkthrough on using the Simple Version of the solution configurator.
Take advantage of discounts and incentives
Get the best price possible for cloud services through Microsoft discounts and incentives.
- Are you a Cloud Solution Provider? CSP partners can qualify to receive compensation based on performance.
- Customers with Windows Server or SQL Server License with Software Assurance can use the licenses they already own to receive a discount on Azure infrastructure with Azure Hybrid Benefit.
- Azure compute can be as much as 76%1 of the total Azure infrastructure bill. Reserve in advance with Azure Reserved Instances and save up to 72%2 from pay-as-you-go pricing on Azure compute. Combine Azure Reserved Instance and Azure Hybrid Benefit to save even more – up to 80% compared to pay-as-you-go pricing.3
Create a fixed price package for your customer
Create a Desktop-as-a-Service offering that bundles together Windows Virtual Desktop with Microsoft 365, infrastructure management and support services. Provide it at a fixed price…customers like consistency!
Finally, apply your knowledge of Azure pricing to ensure you pay only for what your customer uses. With Azure discounts and incentives, you’ll save enough off the list price to give customers a discount and earn a higher margin for yourself.
Next steps: Explore WVD pricing using your own customer scenario
- Watch ‘Windows Virtual Desktop: Customer Targeting’ and download the deck* to learn how to match WVD customer benefits to specific customer scenarios, and how to use the WVD Solution Configurator.*
- Then review WVD Pricing Deep Dive and start pricing today**.
*To open, you must first be logged into MPN with your Partner ID
**To download, you must first be logged into MPN with your Partner ID
1 Based on estimates from Azure pricing calculator and assumptions of user requirements
2 72% discount was maximum savings from Reserved instance. Actual discount will vary based on configuration, region, and current pricing
3 Based on estimates from Azure pricing calculator and assumptions of user requirements