During Microsoft Inspire, we hope you were able to connect with other partners, get your questions answered by experts, and….
If increasing sales revenue is one of your New Year’s resolutions, we have a new offer and a three-step plan for selling Windows Virtual Desktop that will help you succeed!
Why use Windows Virtual Desktop?
Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) is a fully managed, highly secure, desktop and app virtualization service that runs on Azure. WVD secures your customer’s infrastructure and network and gives employees anywhere access to their virtual Windows 10 desktops, applications, and data on any device.
The Desktop-as-a-Service (DaaS) market is taking off. It increased by 95.4% in 20201 and WVD usage grew more than 3X.2 Take advantage of the momentum with our three-step plan!
Three-step plan with offer to help you sell WVD
Our plan will help you land high value, “sticky” customers by selling a fixed price packaged solution that combines Windows Virtual Desktops with managed services like migration and troubleshooting. It can also help you save costs to boost your margins and provide the best savings for customers.
Step 1: Get up to speed on WVD
Do you have customers who could benefit from WVD?
- WVD is a good fit for customers who need to support a flexible or remote workforce. The remote work market opportunity is booming – in 2020, the number of people working remote grew from 7%3 to 66%!4
- Built-in security makes WVD the go-to-choice for those who work in heavily regulated industries like healthcare, government, and financial services.
“…Windows Virtual Desktop provides more flexibility for the agency, more availability in case of disaster recovery, and security capabilities like encryption all the way down to the kernel, that we couldn’t get from other solutions.”– Dwamelle McGill, Systems Engineer at the Georgia Office of the State Treasurer. Read the story.
- It’s also great for customers who want to replace their expensive virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI), provide a better virtualized experience than their existing remote desktop solution (RDS) provides, or want to upgrade their Citrix or VMWare architecture.
Use these resources to discover more about WVD, the customer sales scenarios, and your opportunity, as well as to build technical knowledge:
- Learn about the partner opportunity, priority sales scenarios, and resources by attending Windows Virtual Desktop for digitally enabled partners.
- If you’re excited about the opportunity, review the content in our Windows Virtual Desktop enablement learning path and complete the Azure fundamentals part 1: Describe core Azure concepts course on Microsoft Learn.
- Next, learn how to accelerate your WVD deployments when you attend our two-day Windows Virtual Desktop technical deep dive into solution design, best practices, and implementation on February 23 and 24.
Use Azure Marketplace solutions as a resource to help you quickly go to market.
- Anunta DesktopReady – Allows MSPs to extend WVD to clients without having to create DaaS infrastructure or expertise internally.
- Nerdio for Azure – Empowers MSPs to easily deploy, manage, price, and optimize a WVD environment. Get started in 60 seconds, deploy within a few hours, and enjoy simple three-click management.
Step 2: Cash in on the WVD Acceleration Promotion to save 30% on eligible VMs for new customers
Save 30% of the Windows Virtual Desktop computing costs in D-series and Bs-series virtual machines for up to 90 days for new customers. To be eligible, you must use Microsoft’s native solution and activate the promotion before March 31, 2021.
Activate the promotion directly in the Azure Portal in just a few clicks. Get the details at aka.ms/wvdoffer2021.
Step 3: Use our go-to-market content to pique customer interest
WVD brings customers affordable, end-to-end security and a modern virtual desktop experience, while providing easy management for IT. Get your customers excited about how WVD can benefit their businesses with our customer presentation, infographic, tele sales guide, and social content.
I Gartner forecasts worldwide public cloud revenue to grow 6.3% in 2020, Gartner, July 23, 2020.
2 Update #2 on Microsoft cloud services continuity, Microsoft, March 28, 2020
3 Before the Coronavirus, telework was an optional benefit, mostly for the affluent few, Pew Research Center March 20, 2020.
4 Working from Home During the Coronavirus Pandemic: The State of Remote Work, Clutch, April 16, 2020.