Differentiate your practice with Microsoft advanced specializations
Today’s technology customers are seeking highly-skilled and specialized partners to meet their complex demands and help drive digital transformation. Competition for this business is intense, and partners need to communicate value and demonstrate a deep level of experience to differentiate themselves.
Microsoft advanced specializations meet this need, enabling partners in the Microsoft Partner Network to further differentiate their deep knowledge and extensive experience in a specific area. Partners with an aligned gold competency, who meet specific program requirements, are eligible to earn an advanced specialization to further distinguish their organization. While competencies measure partners’ broad technical capabilities in Microsoft products or technology, advanced specializations measure in-depth capabilities in specific solution areas that Microsoft has identified as having high customer demand and alignment with Microsoft priorities.
Top benefits of an advanced specialization
- Get discovered by increasing customer exposure – With an advanced specialization, you’re prioritized in search rankings in the Microsoft solution provider finder. Receive access to marketing assets and funding as well as prioritized eligibility to specific partner programs to increase your connections.
- Stay competitive – Increase differentiation in a crowded market. More organizations are developing cloud services practices, increasing competitiveness and the need to differentiate your business, and identify areas of technical specialization. By having an aligned offer in the Microsoft commercial marketplace, your offer will be proactively promoted for customer engagements with Microsoft sellers, further expanding your customer reach.
- Drive customer confidence – Show customers your deep technical capabilities. By meeting the rigorous requirements to earn an advanced specialization, your organization receives a customer-facing label that shows your ability to deliver repeatable and high-quality services in a specific technical capability. This helps customers easily identify partners that have already objectively validated their ability to meet their specific business need, driving confidence in your organization and streamlining their partner selection process.
- Verify your accomplishment – Share your success with customers by generating a certified letter from Microsoft that verifies the advanced specialization that you have earned.
How to qualify for an advanced specialization
Partners in the Microsoft Partner Network with an active and aligned gold competency may choose to earn advanced specializations by fulfilling specific program requirements, which vary by advanced specialization and may include:
- Obtaining customer references
- Meeting performance measurements
- Completing relevant skilling
- Undergoing a third-party audit
A partner’s ability to fulfill these demanding requirements to demonstrate their capabilities in a specific solution area enables Microsoft to objectively validate partners and provide customers with the confidence that that partner can execute against their specific business needs.
Find an advanced specialization that aligns to your business practice
Each advanced specialization is aligned to a distinct solution area – Microsoft Azure, Modern Work, Security, and Business Applications – and validates a partner’s ability to provide specific Microsoft solutions, services, or skills in that area. Solution areas align with Microsoft priorities, and are key to how Microsoft goes to market and engages with customers. Partners can expand their business opportunities in a solution area that aligns with their growth goals and benefit from the coordinated drive of customer demand toward these areas.
Explore advanced specializations by solution area:
- Azure advanced specializations
- Modern Work advanced specializations
- Security advanced specializations
- Business Applications advanced specializations
Here’s how to get started on your advanced specialization today!
- Review the advanced specialization program requirements for Azure, Business Applications, Modern Work or Security
- Check your progress in Partner Center
- Schedule your audit(s) in Partner Center once you have met the pre-requisite requirements