NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
It is your sole responsibility to review and understand your employer’s policies regarding your eligibility to participate in trade promotions. If you are participating in violation of your employer’s policies, you may be disqualified from entering or receiving prizes. Microsoft disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for disputes arising between an employee and their employer related to this matter, and prizes will only be awarded in compliance with the employer’s policies.
Microsoft is committed to complying with government gift and ethics rules and therefore government employees are not eligible.
WHAT LAWS GOVERN THE WAY THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS EXECUTED AND ADMINISTRATED?
This Sweepstakes is hosted in the United States, and entry information is collected on computers in the United States. This Sweepstakes will be governed by the laws of the State of Washington, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the State of Washington for any disputes arising out of this Sweepstakes. If you do not agree with this provision and these Official Rules, please do not enter this Sweepstakes.
COMMON TERMS USED IN THESE RULES:
These are the official rules that govern how the Microsoft Usability Survey promotion will operate (the “Promotion”). The Promotion will consist of separate Sweepstakes (each, a “Sweepstakes”) as described below in “How do I Enter.” The unique terms for each Sweepstakes will be described Sweepstakes Details page. In these rules, “we,” “our,” and “us” refer to Microsoft Corporation, the sponsor of the Sweepstakes. “You” refers to an eligible Sweepstakes entrant.
CAN I ENTER?
You are eligible to enter this Sweepstakes if you meet the following requirements at time of entry:
- You are 14 years of age or older and received a first party invitation to participate in this this Sweepstakes; and
- If you are 14 of age or older, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, you must ask your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission prior to submitting an entry into this Sweepstakes, and
- You have not won a Microsoft Usability Survey Sweepstakes in the past 180 days; and
- You meet any additional eligibility restrictions outlined in the specific Sweepstakes Details page, located at the beginning of the survey itself.
- You are NOT an employee of Microsoft Corporation or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary; and
- You are NOT involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Sweepstakes; and
- You are NOT an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of a Microsoft employee, an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Sweepstakes.
This Sweepstakes is void outside of the geographic area described above and wherever else prohibited by law.
HOW DO I ENTER?
- Any incomplete or illegible entry; and
- Any entries that we receive from you that are in excess of the entry limit described above.
WHAT ARE THE START AND END DATES?
The start date and time and end date and time (“Entry Period”) will be listed for each Sweepstakes on the respective Sweepstakes Details page.
WINNER SELECTION AND PRIZES
Within 7 days following the end of any Sweepstakes Entry Period, winners will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries received to win a prize. The total number of prizewinners and actual prizes will vary. The number of winners and prize descriptions will be announced on the respective Sweepstakes Details page. If the prize is not available in prize winner’s country Microsoft reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equal or higher value. We will only award one prize per person during the Entry Period unless a different prize limitation is described on the Sweepstakes Details Page. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded. If you are a potential winner, we will notify you by sending a message to the e-mail address, the phone number, or mailing address (if any) provided at time of entry within seven (7) days following the random drawing. If the notification that we send is returned as undeliverable, or you are otherwise unreachable for any reason, we may award the prize to an alternate, randomly selected winner. If there is a dispute as to who is the potential winner, we will consider the potential winner to be the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter the Sweepstakes. If you are a potential winner, we may require you to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and a W-9 tax form or W-8 BEN tax form within 10 days of notification. If you are a potential winner and you are 18 or older, but are considered a minor in your place of legal residence, we may require your parent or legal guardian to sign all required forms on your behalf. If you do not complete the required forms as instructed and/or return the required forms within the time period listed on the winner notification message, we may disqualify you and select an alternate, randomly selected winner. If you are confirmed as a winner of this Sweepstakes:
- You may not exchange your prize for cash or any other merchandise or services. However, if for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value; and
- You may not designate someone else as the winner. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, we will award it to an alternate potential winner; and
- If you accept a prize, you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize; and
- If you are otherwise eligible for this Sweepstakes, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, we may award the prize to your parent/legal guardian on your behalf; and
- Unless otherwise noted, all prizes are subject to their manufacturer’s warranty and / or terms and conditions.
WHAT ARE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING?
Your odds of winning this Sweepstakes depend on the number of eligible entries we receive.
WHAT OTHER CONDITIONS ARE YOU AGREEING TO BY ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES?
By entering this Sweepstakes, you agree:
- To abide by these Official Rules; and
- To release and hold harmless Microsoft, and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Sweepstakes or any prize won; and
- That Microsoft’s decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Sweepstakes; and
- That by accepting a prize, Microsoft may use of your proper name and state of residence online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Sweepstakes, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law.
WHAT IF SOMETHING UNEXPECTED HAPPENS AND THE SWEEPSTAKES CAN’T RUN AS PLANNED?
If cheating, a virus, bug, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, (also referred to as force majeure) affects the fairness and / or integrity of this Sweepstakes, we reserve the right to cancel, change or suspend this Sweepstakes. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Sweepstakes, we reserve the right randomly to select winners from among all eligible entries received before we had to cancel, change or suspend the Sweepstakes. If you attempt to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in ANY way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we may ban you from participating in any of our future Sweepstakes, so please play fairly.
HOW CAN YOU FIND OUT WHO WON?
To find out who won, send an email with the subject line “usability sweepstakes winners list” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests received more than 30 days following the close of the Entry Period will be disregarded.
WHO IS SPONSORING THIS SWEEPSTAKES?
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052
Last Updated: March 5, 2018