Warning message... Link to action
Informational message... Link to action
Virus Information Alliance
Microsoft has well-defined, objective, measurable, and tailored membership criteria for prospective members of the Virus Information Alliance (VIA). The criteria is designed to ensure that Microsoft is able to work with security software providers, security service providers, antimalware testing organizations, and other organizations involved in the fight against cybercrime to protect a broad range of customers.
VIA has an open enrollment for potential members. To validate that your organization is eligible to apply for VIA, see the criteria below. For additional information, see the frequently asked questions.
Initial selection criteria
To be eligible for VIA your organization must:
- Be willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement with Microsoft.
Fit into one of the following categories:
- Your organization develops antimalware technology that can run on Windows and your organization’s product is commercially available.
- Your organization provides security services to Microsoft customers or for Microsoft products.
- Your organization publishes antimalware testing reports on a regular basis.
- Your organization has a research or response team dedicated to fighting malware to protect your organization, your customers, or the general public.
- Be willing to sign and adhere to the VIA membership agreement.
If your organization wants to apply and meets this criteria, you can apply using our membership application form.