Aliases: ZeroAccess (other) Zero Access (other)
The following free Microsoft software detects and removes this threat:
- Windows Defender Antivirus for Windows 10 and Windows 8.1, or Microsoft Security Essentials for Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Microsoft Safety Scanner
- Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool
Even if we've already detected and removed this particular threat, running a full scan might find other malware that is hiding on your PC.
Get more help
You can also see our advanced troubleshooting page for more help.
If you’re using Windows XP, see our Windows XP end of support page.
Additional removal steps
Note that as part of the cleaning, our software might change some Windows services back to their default settings. If you had previously changed these settings, you might need to change them again.
The services that are reset include:
- BFE – Base Filtering Engine
- Iphlsvc – IP helper Service
- MSMpSvc – Microsoft Antimalware service – MSE/FEP/SCEP
- Sharedaccess – Internet Connection Sharing
- WinDefend – Microsoft Antimalware service
- Wscsvc - Windows Security Center