Microsoft Malware Protection Center (MMPC) is now Windows Defender Security Intelligence (WDSI). Watch out for even more info about threats and protecting you and your Windows computer.
Alert level: Severe Detected with Windows Defender Antivirus
Also detected as: No associated aliases
Windows Defender detects and removes this threat.
This threat is a trojan which tries to do one or all of the following:
- Download and install other malware
- Use your computer for click fraud
- Record your keystrokes and the sites you visit
- Send information about your PC, including user names and browsing history, to a remote malicious hacker
- Give a remote malicious hacker access to your PC
Due to the generic nature of this detection, we can only provide general information about it.