Warning message... Link to action
50% of Windows 10 devices are now using Windows Defender Antivirus. Read our latest blog to learn why. View the blog
Aliases: No associated aliases
Windows Defender detects and removes this threat.
This is a heuristic detection for macro malware.
The threat can be installed when you open a malicious document attached to a spam email. If macros are enabled on your PC, the malware runs when the document is opened. It can then try to do one or all of the following:
- Download and install other malware
- Use your computer for click fraud
- Record your keystrokes and the sites you visit
- Send information about your PC, including user names and browsing history, to a remote malicious hacker
- Give a remote malicious hacker access to your PC
Due to the generic nature of this detection, we can only provide general information about it.
For more information on how you can prevent macro malware, see our Threat Research & Response blog.